Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

If Iron Gwazi opens in 2022, I'd be pretty damn angry. I bought an annual pass with the expectation of riding this year, because that's what Busch Gardens keeps saying. COVID cases are going down, more people are getting vaccinated, restrictions are lifting. There's no reason not to open it this summer other than lack of international tourists, but places across the US are opening rides anyways so that reasoning kinda sucks.

If you're going to delay it, just announce it already. Don't drag this out for another six months.

I would doubt they will keep people waiting this long. But recovery from COVID and the recent job fairs, and signs of tourism returning to normal are something to highlight. Things will get better.

I would doubt they will keep people waiting this long. But recovery from COVID and the recent job fairs, and signs of tourism returning to normal are something to highlight. Things will get better.

I am once again going to respectfully ask that you refrain from double posting and continue to restate the same points ad nauseam. We understand this is frustrating, but saying it repeatedly will not change the reality that we just don't know exactly what will happen.

I am once again going to respectfully ask that you refrain from double posting and continue to restate the same points ad nauseam. We understand this is frustrating, but saying it repeatedly will not change the reality that we just don't know exactly what will happen.

Alright. I just simply want to ride it very soon since I live 90 minutes away from Tampa. I like to make the trip down there worth it. That's all.

I feel like now we maybe entering the endgame here...
After Turn it up and the new Circus show open on the 28th, we may have an announcement right after that. I think there just trying to open shows, gather the right staff, and fully reopen most if not all the currently closed attractions.
Except the Phoenix, lol.

Alright. I just simply want to ride it very soon since I live 90 minutes away from Tampa. I like to make the trip down there worth it. That's all.
If one roller coaster is keeping you from "making your trip worth it", it sounds like you don't like Busch Gardens very much.

If one roller coaster is keeping you from "making your trip worth it", it sounds like you don't like Busch Gardens very much.

A day at Busch Gardens can be fulfilled once you are able to ride almost everything. I was able to ride Tigris when everyone was heading for Cheetah Hunt in the morning.

Yeah, I get wanting to ride IG, but BGT is pretty much a two-day park as is. There's plenty to see and do to make it worth it, especially when you live so short of a distance away compared to people that travel from all over the world to visit.

It’s kind of ridiculous that Busch released the real POV over 6 months ago.

Surveys have been sent out recently to Florida passholders, no site activity has been happening since March, their social media accounts have been dead silent.

They need to open it this summer because of this. The Golden Ticket Awards take place in September. If they are going to make it in the Top 50 steel coaster list, they need a summer opening. Infinity Falls opened in October 2018 and made it on to the number 4 spot for best new water ride.

Currently, Kumba, Montu, and Cheetah Hunt are in the Top 50. It would be awesome if they ranked Iron Gwazi along Steel Vengeance.

If they would open it in 2022, that would equal bad PR for the company and numerous cancellations of annual passes.

I think today's new CDC guidance will be the news SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment needed to finally drop any pretense of limited attendance. As it is they haven't been checking reservations and just letting everyone into the parks. With all restrictions lifted, they'll be ready to open the new rides.

I hope we finally get something. The marketing has been silent on the ride. If this snowballs, people are most likely to get frustrated.

Where do you think Iron Gwazi will place on the Top 50 Steel Coasters list from Amusement Today?

Kumba #40, Verbolten #38, Cheetah Hunt #36, Alpengeist #32, Montu #30 (best inverted coaster), Mako #15, Apollo’s Chariot #8.

The Top 10 as of 2019 are Nitro #10, Leviathan #9, Apollo’s Chariot #8, Iron Rattler #7, Twisted Colossus #6, Expedition GeForce #5, Superman: The Ride (New England) #4, Steel Vengeance #3, Millennium Force #2, and Fury 325 at #1.

Gotta wonder when BGT will lift the mask mandates. NOT SAYING THAT IT'S WISE RIGHT NOW, but with today's CDC update we're clearly heading in that direction.
Maybe. The Iron Gwazi opening is dependent on capacity and ability for people to travel from all over. That's really what they're waiting on

I hope we finally get something. The marketing has been silent on the ride. If this snowballs, people are most likely to get frustrated.

Where do you think Iron Gwazi will place on the Top 50 Steel Coasters list from Amusement Today?

Kumba #40, Verbolten #38, Cheetah Hunt #36, Alpengeist #32, Montu #30 (best inverted coaster), Mako #15, Apollo’s Chariot #8.

The Top 10 as of 2019 are Nitro #10, Leviathan #9, Apollo’s Chariot #8, Iron Rattler #7, Twisted Colossus #6, Expedition GeForce #5, Superman: The Ride (New England) #4, Steel Vengeance #3, Millennium Force #2, and Fury 325 at #1.

I just asked you to refrain from unnecessary double posting. Please do not make one of us ask you again.

2022 is more likely if not open by this summer. Just being honest if that lawn ornament becomes the first non-operating RMC.

Gotta wonder when BGT will lift the mask mandates. NOT SAYING THAT IT'S WISE RIGHT NOW, but with today's CDC update we're clearly heading in that direction.

There is no site activity since March. It is still walled up

Last edited by a moderator:
2022 is more likely if not open by this summer. Just being honest if that lawn ornament becomes the first non-operating RMC.
There is no site activity since March. It is still walled up

Didn't @Clive just said to not double post? Additionally, Infinity Falls opened in the fall period of that year. And WDW this year is opening Ratatouille at the very beginning of October. Heck--they even opened their Galaxy's Edge in August of 2019 (and Rise in December). Summer isn't the only season in the year.