Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ops have been pretty slow today and a decent amount of downtime due to wind. Gusting over 50mph at the top. But I haven't settled on exactly how I feel about it since im assuming it's running slower that it would be with all the downtime. It's very smooth and doesn't have batsh!t ejector that you would expect from an RMC. Definitely something that will appease the masses and it's a top10 coaster for me I think but I'll have to get a warmed up summer ride in the back row to know for sure. This and Velocicoaster are neck and neck personally and I still give the edge to steel Vengeance at this point.

That was definitely before they started letting people into the actual queue - I was in Zagora Cafe and once the line started moving waited about 10 minutes. My guess was that it would settle around 75 minutes for the day.

Thoughts:
1) It's relentless - I have no idea how people ride that back to back. The first drop is the probably least aggressive part of the whole ride.
2) Ops was painfully slow from my brief observation. Not all their fault because double restraints, but they weren't cranking trains out.
3) While people are going to compare it to VC, I can't make a better/worse comparison. IG is definitely more aggressive, but my neck has never hurt getting off VC so that's a plus for that. And while this shouldn't count, VC never seems to get above a 60-75 minute wait during the middle of the day while this is definitely going to be a slow-moving 120-150 based on BG's track record with Cheetah Hunt.

Reactions: Tbad556
Today it's open just to Platinum Pass Holders and apparently it's been a walk on all day. Might be worth taking a day off to get over there...

Are you still only able to ride Iron Gwazi with a platinum pass? I will be in Tampa next week and would love to ride this thing if I can!
  • Feb. 13 - 16: Platinum Pass Members
  • Feb. 18 – 21: Platinum and Gold Pass Members
  • Feb. 24 – 28: Platinum, Gold, and Silver Pass Members
  • March 3 - 6: All Pass Members
  • March 7 & 10: All Pass Members plus Fun Card Holders

Was a 5 min wait for over an hour at 11 today. Taking a break right now, then going to head back.

First ride in the second to last row with my hands up. I was not prepared for what RMC is able to achieve with these rides. It was absolutely incredible. I still wish we'd gotten it earlier, but it is more than worth the wait and is going to slot into the lineup pretty well.

Doubt it, but maybe this thing will take the heat off Cheetah Hunt so I can actually get on that one without the crazy waits. Probably not though. Completely different target audiences even if the height requirements are similar.

Edit: My voice finally called it quits after the night rides.

Last edited:
How fast do other RMCs dispatch? I know Busch is known for their slow operations but 3-4 minute dispatches seems way too long for the hype this thing will have

How fast do other RMCs dispatch? I know Busch is known for their slow operations but 3-4 minute dispatches seems way too long for the hype this thing will have
They have a time in the queue and it turns red at 60 seconds

Seems they're trying to get it out every minute or so

It only went over once when I was there on Friday

Also, it's my new number one...review soon

They have a time in the queue and it turns red at 60 seconds

Seems they're trying to get it out every minute or so

It only went over once when I was there on Friday

Also, it's my new number one...review soon

Was there on Fri as well. They seemed to go over pretty regularly.

Over the course of the 6 preview days I’ve been to I’ve only seen a below 90 second dispatch a handful of times. A dispatch below 60 seconds seems almost impossible given how late they typically open the air gates for oncoming riders combined with the way they check seatbelts followed by restraints.

Just left for my 5th visit since previews started and honestly didn’t realize the number starts green until now haha. Dispatches were 3-4 minutes with only 1 or 2 under 2 minutes

FML: stayed an extra night in Orlando thinking passholder previews were everyday until the opening. Not so and Cheetah Hunt and Tigris are the only major rides open currently. Even if it is an off season Tuesday that is ridiculous.

Edit: They got Cobra and I think Kumba up by 1. I'm really worried about wait times for IG, so it's still very disappointing I won't be able to come back for passholder preview, but that's my fault anyway. Ugh, wasted my Monday at Epcot being a family man instead of just going to Hollywood studios like I wanted to and it was the day family drama occurred. If we had left at 3 like planned I would have gotten my IG rides in, but we didn't leave until after 4.

Last edited: