Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

With the utmost concern for your mental health—I think taking a step back is genuinely a good idea.

It’s only a rollercoaster, it’ll open when it opens. You can’t control it, and there is no sense getting this wound up over the opening of a rollercoaster.

I can’t take Aspergers/Autism as an excuse. I can get overwhelmed easily without understanding why. That’s when my fixation get the best of me.

I know this has been a rough year for all of us. I just want things to be back to normal and SEAS opening their new coasters symbolizes that. I just feel like the delays and staffing shortage are still plaguing everything. As SeaWorld Parks delaying them indefinitely without set opening date for too long, people are gonna lose all hope and hype for their new rides. And Iron Gwazi will probably rank lower than Steel Vengeance. I just want to have hope they will open this year, but it is only getting thinner if they don’t say anything in the summer months.

I can’t take Aspergers/Autism as an excuse. I can get overwhelmed easily without understanding why. That’s when my fixation get the best of me.

I know this has been a rough year for all of us. I just want things to be back to normal and SEAS opening their new coasters symbolizes that. I just feel like the delays and staffing shortage are still plaguing everything. As SeaWorld Parks delaying them indefinitely without set opening date for too long, people are gonna lose all hope and hype for their new rides. And Iron Gwazi will probably rank lower than Steel Vengeance. I just want to have hope they will open this year, but it is only getting thinner if they don’t say anything in the summer months.

This is unprecedented territory for all of us so you’re not alone, taking your own advice and taking a step back when you’re feeling overwhelmed will probably be the best thing for your health. We all want things to be back to normal, unfortunately it’s out of all of our control. When they have it ready to open, know it will be open and you’ll be able to go on it.

IG has been rumored since 2016, and is top of my list most anticipated coaster, so the anticipation there for sure

However, I think right now the coolest thing to focus on is the parks are quickly getting back to normal, attendance is on the rise, and Howl-O-Scream announcements will start flowing out in the next couple of months :freak:

If you keep your headspace there, IG will be open before you know it

Also, internally, they want to open this immediately, so they're itching just as much as we are

I sure hope this opens soon. I had planned to get a season pass to Busch this year, but with the lack of any transparency, I decided against it. It’s been years since I’ve had a pass, and I’ve been waiting for that big new ride to lure me back in....and Iron Gwazi was it.

I sure hope this opens soon. I had planned to get a season pass to Busch this year, but with the lack of any transparency, I decided against it. It’s been years since I’ve had a pass, and I’ve been waiting for that big new ride to lure me back in....and Iron Gwazi was it.
I think a lot of people are in the same boat...and I think Busch is betting on it

Saw a YouTube Comment from someone who works at BGT. They had a town hall meeting recently. They are still expecting to open this year. They need another open opportunity. He said probably mid-summer during their Summer Nights event.

As of now, Busch Gardens’ website has Iron Gwazi at the bottom of the Things To Do list and it is off the front page.

Last edited:
Saw a YouTube Comment from someone who works at BGT. They had a town hall meeting recently. They are still expecting to open this year. They need another open opportunity. He said probably mid-summer during their Summer Nights event.

As of now, Busch Gardens’ website has Iron Gwazi at the bottom of the Things To Do list and it is off the front page.

This is correct. There is another town hall on Thursday, hoping to hear some news then.

Now that's the kind of post I want to see in this thread.

It'll be my first RMC and my body has been ready for a back row ride for so long now. No doubt it'll be the best drop in the park with the whip. I'll ride Sheikra for the zen and IG for the craziness.

Now that's the kind of post I want to see in this thread.

It'll be my first RMC and my body has been ready for a back row ride for so long now. No doubt it'll be the best drop in the park with the whip. I'll ride Sheikra for the zen and IG for the craziness.
I'm looking forward to comparing my favorite elements on Veloci and IG

It will be hard to pic a fave I'm sure

Wonder if there are any maintenance issues with the ride and nothing has happened since March? If it was a huge safety issue, I can understand the delay. But the zero transparency from Busch is another issue. Or are they waiting on Ice Breaker to be complete so they can open both rides? Still anyone's guess since I just heard Ice Breaker needs final permits signed off.