Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

On second thought, I have a strange sensation Iron Gwazi won't open this summer since there is no mention of it during their Summer Nights marketing.

Have no idea what happened here, all I know this tread has been weird lately lol.
So anyway, I asked this but then all posts disappeared due to that server issue, anyway, what I've been wondering, could the delay be due to moneys owed to RMC?

All their parks have Halloween events that are huge draws and Christmas events that are huge draws. A ride doesn't have to open for summer to help bring in crowds anymore when parks are open year round. Also, waiting until after summer may help a lot with the current labor shortages they are all having. They can't get enough employees for the crowds they've currently got, so they need to find a way to ramp up their labor pools before they try to bring in larger crowds.

Opening a new ride in conjunction with the Halloween and Christmas events could mean they don't have to spend as much on the actual events but still have a new experience available.

Screamscape is saying that SWE plans to open all four new coasters (including Iron Gwazi) very late this year or sometime next year. Hopefully they're wrong, but.....
This timeline is starting to make more and more sense

There's a wave of pent up demand, the parks are slammed...and summer hasn't even started

Plus, HOS then Christmas

If they open up IG in, say, February or March of next year they could essentially 'double dip'

Also if staffing really is an issue, then it buys them time to fix it

Staffing issues then perhaps?
Yep.

On another note, I don't see a late 2021 release or a early 2022 date. It doesn't make logistic sense for them to delay the ride this long.
Summer is where it's at. I believe Busch is just trying to make up their minds with when is the best time this Summer to have an opening.
Don't go jumping to the worst case scenario quite yet.
I have heard things recently that make me optimistic, but still cautiously xD.

My kind of last thought on this is that it will happen when it happens.

I also think the announcement will be shortly before it opens, like a couple of weeks at most.

Yep.

On another note, I don't see a late 2021 release or a early 2022 date. It doesn't make logistic sense for them to delay the ride this long.
Summer is where it's at. I believe Busch is just trying to make up their minds with when is the best time this Summer to have an opening.
Don't go jumping to the worst case scenario quite yet.
I have heard things recently that make me optimistic, but still cautiously xD.
Makes sense to me as well

Like I've said before, they can market it the whole year if they want

I lost 30 pounds so I could ride this thing, so I'm hoping it opens sooner rather than later. But at this point I'm firmly in camp "It opens when it opens." My hype for it died down by September of 2020, so whenever they open it, it'll be a pleasant surprise.