Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

To this point, they are hardly ever using the dual load station..So essentially they're cutting their capacity in half

Also, Cheetah is one of the more approachable coasters to a lot of folks...or as the kids call it, popular

They're also great and reliable

It's sad that no one cares much about B&M inverts anymore--you'll never see them in any big coaster channel's top 25.

Montu is really the only B&M invert that I was impressed with, personally

Banshee was a huge disappointment

Judging by POVs (not a fair comparison I know) Banshee doesn't look that great. Seems to lack the "snap" of '90s inverts. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking but I love those old school inverts.

Last edited:
Judging by POVs (not a fair comparison I know) Banshee doesn't look that great. Seems to lack the "snap" of '90s inverts. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking but I love those old school inverts.

I'm probably in the minority but I love Banshee. Montu and Raptor are great as well but I love Banshee's layout and the fact that it is hauling at its midpoint with no midcourse brake run. My other favorite invert is Alpengeist. Operations clearly make or break a coaster's capacity (for the most part). I timed load times on a couple coasters (a mark of boredom in line) and it was kind of funny. 20-30 seconds longer doesn't seem like much until spread over the course of an hour.

Speaking of dispatch...I'm curious to see how much capacity this coaster pushes

Hopefully me was hoping for some kind of dual loading station with a switch track, but I don't believe that was possible in the space

Speaking of dispatch...I'm curious to see how much capacity this coaster pushes

Hopefully me was hoping for some kind of dual loading station with a switch track, but I don't believe that was possible in the space
Only 2 trains I believe so it should be once one comes to the brake run the next one leaves the station right?

Only 2 trains I believe so it should be once one comes to the brake run the next one leaves the station right?
That sounds right

As far as I remember (going off of Gwazi's tiger layout), there is the station block, top of the hill, final brake run, and one in the barn.

So I suppose they could have one sitting on the final brake run...but that would halt you to a dead stop with a lot of speed...but they also did that with Gwazi lol

In theory there will be one train sitting in the barn and one in the station...station dispatches and next train pulls in from the barn...and then takes a minute or so to load

Another shareholder meeting and still more silence on this. With Howl-o-Scream and Holiday Town around the corner, it seems like Busch has their attendance draws set for the rest of the year. I'm also starting to think 2022 isn't that far-fetched at this point...

Another shareholder meeting and still more silence on this. With Howl-o-Scream and Holiday Town around the corner, it seems like Busch has their attendance draws set for the rest of the year. I'm also starting to think 2022 isn't that far-fetched at this point...

I would be shocked if it actually does open this year. They're clearly waiting for a period where attendance starts sagging (but where they can have full capacity).

SeaWorld announced record revenue, income and EBITDA for Q2. Net income up 142.7% from 2019. For comparison- Q2 income: SeaWorld: $82 million Six Flags: $70 million Cedar Fair -$59 million

In other words, they're holding their cards until 2022...which is still smart, yet a bummer

SeaWorld announced record revenue, income and EBITDA for Q2. Net income up 142.7% from 2019. For comparison- Q2 income: SeaWorld: $82 million Six Flags: $70 million Cedar Fair -$59 million

In other words, they're holding their cards until 2022...which is still smart, yet a bummer
And so another year passes that I won’t set foot in the park. Busch isn’t getting a penny of my money until Iron Gwazi opens up. If only more people thought like me, maybe this thing would already be open.

And so another year passes that I won’t set foot in the park. Busch isn’t getting a penny of my money until Iron Gwazi opens up. If only more people thought like me, maybe this thing would already be open.
People think "Oh wow that's a huge coaster, we will definitely come back for that" then go buy a $8 corn dog and giraffe plushie

4th of July was a prime example of this. People enjoying what's there and IG being a beacon of a reason to come back

Some people probably haven't "returned" yet, but I'm sure that has been accounted for in their decision making...and part of the decision to delay IG in the first place

lol, as if we weren't all walking dollar signs before Iron Gwazi was even a twinkle in someone's eye.

It's going to open when it opens. Basing your sole reason for going or not going to a park on the fact that one ride isn't open has got to be pretty high up on the list of the First-World Problems. Was Iron Gwazi there the first time any of us went to BG? Nope. If you enjoyed the park then, you'll enjoy it now. And if you cannot bear to go to the park until IG opens, keep it to yourself. The community has heard enough of it(here and elsewhere) and at this point continuing to bring it up is well beyond broken record-level annoyance.

Rant finished, I'll pop back to the shadows now. :peace:

lol, as if we weren't all walking dollar signs before Iron Gwazi was even a twinkle in someone's eye.

It's going to open when it opens. Basing your sole reason for going or not going to a park on the fact that one ride isn't open has got to be pretty high up on the list of the First-World Problems. Was Iron Gwazi there the first time any of us went to BG? Nope. If you enjoyed the park then, you'll enjoy it now. And if you cannot bear to go to the park until IG opens, keep it to yourself. The community has heard enough of it(here and elsewhere) and at this point continuing to bring it up is well beyond broken record-level annoyance.

No offense, but at this point, the complaining about IG is granted.
Everyone is allowed to have their opinion about it and we can speak of it all we want when they pretty much mislead loyal pass holders.

What if.....crazy thought....BGT is actually a popular park that people like to visit...even without IG?

Not sure what to make of your post when we're on a forum dedicated to expensive leisure products run by billion dollar corporations and more specifically in a thread dedicated to a ride that is experiencing an unprecedented situation in regards to opening.

Maybe Sea World could have avoided this backlash if they weren't dangling the opening of their attractions to prospective visitors knowing they have no idea or that 2022 is likely. They're pretty much outright lying.

They're supposed to try their best to not make you feel like a walking dollar sign through value.

1) Is their attendance sagging?
2) Are they allowed full capacity?

So long as the answer to either of those questions is "no," I don't see them opening anything. I hope it's 2022 but that rwinger guy may have had some semblance of a point.

1) Is their attendance sagging?
2) Are they allowed full capacity?

So long as the answer to either of those questions is "no," I don't see them opening anything. I hope it's 2022 but that rwinger guy may have had some semblance of a point.
Pantheon and IG were always meant to be major players and comeback coasters. It would be foolish to open them when things are going as well as they are

Although I really don't understand why Ice Breaker isn't open lol

Pantheon and IG were always meant to be major players and comeback coasters. It would be foolish to open them when things are going as well as they are

Although I really don't understand why Ice Breaker isn't open lol

The question is, how long will it take for them to hit a (non-virus restriction induced) attendance slowdown? I’m happy to see them doing well, but it’d be nice to have something to look forward to next year.