Iron Man Coming to Disneyland? | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Man Coming to Disneyland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 27, 2010
Oviedo, FL
From Screamscape:

2013/2014 - Iron Man Attraction - Rumor - (4/20/11) IGN has posted an interesting tidbid after an interview with the head of Marvel Studios mentioned that they’re looking forward to having their characters become fixtures at Disney theme parks around the world.
There is some interesting timing with this as well, as I’ve heard some early rumbling about an Iron Man themed attraction that may be in the design phase at Disney Imagineering, possibly for Disneyland. While I have no clue about the ride system(s) under consideration at this point, I have heard that the structure may be themed around the Stark Expo. Hmmm… Stark Expo… Disneyland… would have to fit into Tomorrowland somewhere. Boy, wouldn’t that make a great replacement for Innoventions? Of course the bad news is that if Iron Man moves ahead... this means any Tron based attraction would be put on the back burner.

Everyone, this is the beginning of the end!

Last edited:
Well, my first question would be: How the heck does Iron Man fit in Tomorrowland if he's from the present?

Then again, Disney did shove Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., and Stitch in the various Tomorrowlands despite the fact that they took place in the present, so perhaps this isn't too surprising.

Tommorrowland is no longer about the future because the future is now.

So now its just themes that fit into the futuristic surroundings that go there, but I would honestly prefer a Tron attraction over Iron Man, UNLESS, Iron Man takes over for EO and is more a 4D attraction, than a ride, then it could be cool, but I don't think IM fits into Disneyland, more California Adventure.

Well, my first question would be: How the heck does Iron Man fit in Tomorrowland if he's from the present?

Then again, Disney did shove Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., and Stitch in the various Tomorrowlands despite the fact that they took place in the present, so perhaps this isn't too surprising.

When Tomorrowland first opened Walt Disney used it as a World's Fair sort of concept. The Stark Expo actually makes sense with showing future weaponry compared to what is there theming now. Nemo, a 3D film from the 80s and a movie themed ride that takes place in the past. But since they have a future foreign kind of technology look to them they fit that culture. Its a forced fit but they have done that for a long time with DL's Tomorrowland. It was never as good as WDW's 94 Tomorrowland of a future sci fi city with centers and space travel.

In other words, imagine a World Expo MIB like throwback with Stark showing off his latest gadgets. This could easily be a Terminator like 4D attraction only very tame and it could replace EO.

There goes universal opening an Iron Man ride.............

Can't, they don't have the rights for Iron Man I don't believe, I know he is around on the buildings and easter eggs, but I don't believe he is part of the contract that UO and Marvel have, I think its ONLY for existing attractions.

He is a part of the character they have the rights to. The contract was online at one point at least. Not sure where it is now. Any character that is referenced in Marvel Superhero Island is under their contract for use indefinitely. That means the odds of the same Iron Man deal coming to WDW..slim to none until they buy it out or Universal gets rid of them. This is a California thing only as of now.

He is a part of the character they have the rights to. The contract was online at one point at least. Not sure where it is now. Any character that is referenced in Marvel Superhero Island is under their contract for use indefinitely. That means the odds of the same Iron Man deal coming to WDW..slim to none until they buy it out or Universal gets rid of them. This is a California thing only as of now.

Oh wow, so pretty much every character and movie that is coming out, especially all of the Avengers east of the Mississippi can ONLY be used in IOA, wow, didn't know the contract was that deep.

@BriMan: I always hated the plan that Disney adopted to buy Marvel regardless of them honoring Universal's contract. I find it offensive, really, that they ended up buying Marvel because it was just as if they wanted to ridicule Universal. So, basically, further development in MSHI has been enclosed within a box and I feel that it was highly unnecessary. I adore Disney's parks, but the corporation makes me sick. There are business moves that are creative and cunning, but then there are those that are just offensive (this being one of them, imo).

Reactions: batsmouth
@BriMan: I always hated the plan that Disney adopted to buy Marvel regardless of them honoring Universal's contract. I find it offensive, really, that they ended up buying Marvel because it was just as if they wanted to ridicule Universal. So, basically, further development in MSHI has been enclosed within a box and I feel that it was highly unnecessary. I adore Disney's parks, but the corporation makes me sick. There are business moves that are creative and cunning, but then there are those that are just offensive (this being one of them, imo).

Its business, its cuthroat and not about making friends, its about making money. But I'm sure the contract in place is much more extensive than we think.

It was not really about the theme parks. As much as theme park fans like to think they are everything...the business side is much larger than that as Vyrus pointed out. Making their money back and then some on such an investment was their goal. Not just what they could do with the parks.

Its like a few years ago when for no reason at all Universal's Peter Pan's score was used in Disney theme park ad campaigns. No other reason than Disney paying for the usage. It is all just them trying their best to make money.

It was not really about the theme parks. As much as theme park fans like to think they are everything...the business side is much larger than that as Vyrus pointed out. Making their money back and then some on such an investment was their goal. Not just what they could do with the parks.

Its like a few years ago when for no reason at all Universal's Peter Pan's score was used in Disney theme park ad campaigns. No other reason than Disney paying for the usage. It is all just them trying their best to make money.

Peter Pan? Don't you mean Hook?

Couldn't put it better myself :rep:. I went through a stage when I was younger anything which was Disney I despised as it was "girly" and "immature." Yeah that opinion was immature and what not but I think it must really hurt marvel to have disney like this. As long as DC doesn't do something like this i'm happy as I adore DC comics. And to the deadpool comment haha it will probably be Jafar head in a deadpool costume. Or something like this:
6a00d8341c4e3753ef0120a540710e970b-200wi

wolvie.jpg

disney-marvel.jpg

marvel+disney.jpg

tumblr_kp9o5naD3l1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

worldoftomorrowlores.jpg

Marvel_Madhouse_Doombo_by_skulker87.jpg

goofy.jpg

I don't really care but just leave marvel alone, Yeah build a ride there's no need for that stuff to go along with it. If you haven't guessed I find these pictures great lol

Last edited:
If Disneyland creates ANY marvel ride, i refuse to ever go to Disneyland until it is gone. Marvel should be left to Universal. Disney already have a huge pool of characters and stories they can form rides out of. Or have Disney started to run out of ideas....

If Disneyland creates ANY marvel ride, i refuse to ever go to Disneyland until it is gone. Marvel should be left to Universal. Disney already have a huge pool of characters and stories they can form rides out of. Or have Disney started to run out of ideas....

I think they are making a ride out of the Marvel deal just because they can.

Otherwise, I agree wih Marvel being left to Universal. :thumbs: