Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Sheikra Scary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2013
Winter Park, FL
So, as some of you know, I'm going to Busch Gardens on May 17th (two days away!!!!! :happy:), and our group is going to ride the most intimidating coaster in the park first,SHEIKRA!!!!!!!!
Now, I have never been to Busch Gardens and have a one question about the ride.

The Main question is:
Is Sheikra Scary????

Heres the thing about me. Whenever I go to theme parks and ride a new coaster, I'm nervous as heck. But, this...this is making me scared :censored:less. Seriously, I only get 3 senconds to pray for my life before I descend a 200 ft drop!!! Not woried abot the inversion or death or anything like that, it's the drop and the tension, thats getting me.

Let's put it this way, when I was finally tall enough to ride real a coaster (before Sheikra was built) I was scared out of my mind. All nervous all through the line, even closed my eyes the first half of the ride. When I finally manned up enough to open my eyes I was like this :censored: is amazing. I was a coaster fanatic ever since, never scared of anything after that first experience. (though thinking back I prob should have been very scared of that first one, it was some no name that was prob held together with bubble gum and duct tape, I could have died :died:)

Well that is until I met a little lady we all know as Sheikra...

I was all hyped up about it. But we get to the ride and no one else wants to go on :mad: I had to do some major convincing and it was like "come on this is the main reason we came today" and all. It was some hard work and I got about half of the group in line with me. Then waiting in line, we are getting closer and closer, my (already 1/2 of a) group keeps getting smaller and people keep disappearing. When it was close to boarding time the last one had chickened out. So there was just a few minutes left, and I am in the line all by myself. That is when I started psyching myself out, "dang, should I be scared of this thing considering how everyone else is acting?" :-X

I must say after all that I had gotten nervous up the lift hill, and right before the first drop is very intimidating. The angle of the track, and how the seats are designed on the ride vehicles... :yikes:

So long story short (too late) I am still alive :pray: and it is an amazing ride :thumbs:
Dang, was I suppose to be helping you to be not so nervous about the ride? Uh, forget everything I just said. It is not scary at all, just get on and love it!!! :beadyeyes:

Last edited:
I remember when I was still terrified of roller coasters. Every time I'd get in line for a big one, I'd be freaking out the whole way up the line, and often times I'd try to chicken out (my sister would not let me, thankfully :thumbs: ). Sheikra terrified me. In fact, all roller coasters terrified me for a long time unless they were of the Space Mountain variety. But I eventually realized that too much fear was keeping me from enjoying the ride itself. I've now been on Top Thrill Dragster, and let me tell you, I don't think Sheikra's all that scary anymore :lol:
The biggest thing is to realize that it's a fun ride, and the fear is part of it. Don't chicken out on the line up - after the first time, you'll want to go on again and again :)

Let's put it this way, when I was finally tall enough to ride real a coaster (before Sheikra was built) I was scared out of my mind. All nervous all through the line, even closed my eyes the first half of the ride. When I finally manned up enough to open my eyes I was like this :censored: is amazing. I was a coaster fanatic ever since, never scared of anything after that first experience. (though thinking back I prob should have been very scared of that first one, it was some no name that was prob held together with bubble gum and duct tape, I could have died :died:)

Well that is until I met a little lady we all know as Sheikra...

I was all hyped up about it. But we get to the ride and no one else wants to go on :mad: I had to do some major convincing and it was like "come on this is the main reason we came today" and all. It was some hard work and I got about half of the group in line with me. Then waiting in line, we are getting closer and closer, my (already 1/2 of a) group keeps getting smaller and people keep disappearing. When it was close to boarding time the last one had chickened out. So there was just a few minutes left, and I am in the line all by myself. That is when I started psyching myself out, "dang, should I be scared of this thing considering how everyone else is acting?" :-X

I must say after all that I had gotten nervous up the lift hill, and right before the first drop is very intimidating. The angle of the track, and how the seats are designed on the ride vehicles... :yikes:

So long story short (too late) I am still alive :pray: and it is an amazing ride :thumbs:
Dang, was I suppose to be helping you to be not so nervous about the ride? Uh, forget everything I just said. It is not scary at all, just get on and love it!!! :beadyeyes:

Funny story. That actually really helped. I'm so psyched for my trip friday and best thing about this is that we are doing Sheikra first. Here's another question though: Is the line usually long or short?????

Funny story. That actually really helped. I'm so psyched for my trip friday and best thing about this is that we are doing Sheikra first. Here's another question though: Is the line usually long or short?????

Prepare to wait in a relatively long line. If you get there early, you might get an okay line. Have fun!

My daughter rode when she was 9. She LOVED it. I think you can handle it.

I should say she rode Millennium Force (310', 96 mph) when she was 6 (Hands in the air and all).

It's a very smooth ride. Yes the lift and waiting for the drop is intimidating but it's all great after that

Here are my 2 girls (6 and 10) on Millennium Force. I am the one in the polo in the front.

2zplb9w.jpg

I think it's one of the least thrilling rides in the park. After the drop everything is over. The hang can be a bit intimidating at first, but now it doesn't even phase me, and I have a pretty bad fear of heights.

Wow...

Seriously though, you guys look like you had a good time, espescially you DH. Was that taken during the drop or in the tunnel??? (I've seen videos so I know)
It is after the second big airtime hill on the way back in just as you turn left near the station. That is why everybody is sort of leaning. We rode it 5 times that day. Millennium Force is still our family's favorite coaster. But the pic is from the first ride that day. It was my girls first time ever.

When your in line it's quite scary, once you board your adrenaline is pumping and you won't even be nervous once you get to the drop! Then after wards your gonna as "Was that it?":happy:

Bring some Depends....You'll need some absorption when you wet yourself.....

lol

No but seriously....

(btdubbs I love it...ridden it tons of times but this comes from a guy whos ridden Top thrill Dragster...Sheikra is a piece of cake)

I remember the first time I went on it. Yes, it was the last time we went before our tickets expired. I had put it off until the end of the day, so I could have some last precious hours of my life. Let's just say that I was anxious the whole way up to the boarding station. I loved it afterwards...

Yes. It's all anticipation. It's very high as well. The drop really has some nice airtime on the way down, and it seems like the drop is forever. It will also definitely "tickle your stomach" beyond belief. Though, I feel like the stomach tickle has left me, as I don't get it on anything anymore... Not even Tower of Terror...

Status
Not open for further replies.