Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is this how crowds enter the parks?

Aug 11, 2019
Can some please confirm to me if this is how the crowds enter the parks? And if every statements in this post are correct?

There are 3 security checkpoints that start letting people through at 6:30 am:

• City walk for the people that are driving in, or are being driven on a bus from the other hotels.
  • The bridge right before island of adventure, where the walking path ends for the guests at the Royal Pacific Resort and other guests from the other Universal’s hotels that shared the same walking path.
  • Right beside the entrance of Universal Studios for guests from the Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay.
So since the security checkpoint for RPR is right beside the bridge before IOA, guests standing at that checkpoint should be able to reach IOA before any other crowd, right?.

Thanks

Alex

Can some please confirm to me if this is how the crowds enter the parks? And if every statements in this post are correct?

• City walk for the people that are driving in, or are being driven on a bus from the other hotels.
  • The bridge right before island of adventure, where the walking path ends for the guests at the Royal Pacific Resort and other guests from the other Universal’s hotels that shared the same walking path.
  • Right beside the entrance of Universal Studios for guests from the Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay.
So since the security checkpoint for RPR is right beside the bridge before IOA, guests standing at that checkpoint should be able to reach IOA before any other crowd, right?.

Thanks

Alex

Yup all true, though I'd modify the first to say crowds enter the parking garage andstatement to say those are how crowds enter CityWalk. On point one guests enter from the parking garage to CityWalk to get to the parks.

Google Maps

The Royal Pacific entrance to City Walk is straddles the south west of Margaritaville, Hard Rock is the path to the east of the USF entrance, and the parking garages at the rotunda that connects the two parking garages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Joe and thanks for the correction, this is all confusing to me, these are all pieces I'm trying to put together from what I have been finding out. I think now is all making sense.

All security checkpoints open at the same time, the people coming from the path connected to RPR (between the bridge and Margaritaville) will get to IOA before anyone else and the ones coming from the HRH right beside USF will get to that park before anyone else.

Thanks Joe and thanks for the correction, this is all confusing to me, these are all pieces I'm trying to put together from what I have been finding out. I think now is all making sense.

All security checkpoints open at the same time, the people coming from the path connected to RPR (between the bridge and Margaritaville) will get to IOA before anyone else and the ones coming from the HRH right beside USF will get to that park before anyone else.

That is correct.

Thanks

Alex

Just out of curiosity - why does the position of security ops matter?

The boats also do a security check when you board. Volcano Bay check is in the garage before the bus in the morning rush but moves to the aventura vb entrance in the afternoon. Cabana bay vb entrance has its own security check. Valet parking also has it's own check.

Really the worst times for morning security are 10-1130, hhn probably 7-8pm. And vbay open until about 11

Thanks guys for your replies,

Brian G, Joel is right on the money. That is why I care, I need to understand how people are let through, so I can reduce the time that my family have to wait.

If all security checkpoints open at the same time, we can choose to stay at the hotel that will position us to the closets entrance to where we want to go.

Last edited: