Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 758 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the fact that there's now a crane capable of lifting the top hat in place...it very well could happen, if not a little bit earlier than my friend at universal creative told me. But it's not really all that surprising. It could have a topping off ceremony on the fourth. Crane is in place and all they gotta do is get the track in position to lift it up. Just saying.
My implication is that they're not going to do anything special for a project they haven't yet announced. It's customary to top off the highest part of your coaster with the flag, which is all we should expect them to do.

My implication is that they're not going to do anything special for a project they haven't yet announced. It's customary to top off the highest part of your coaster with the flag, which is all we should expect them to do.
If they don't do it tomorrow, I might head over Sat.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
My final guess on height is going to be 187’. Based on a 2 things, spacing of the layout’s second half and a number that sounds good in my head lol. First launch 56 mph second one 76 mph. Again just guessing lol.

Reactions: nowave
I get it's a super cool project and as a videographer I totally understand the quest to "get the shot" but it's a little excessive to just sit there filming over the wall when we get fantastic high resolution aerial images to look at on the regular. I remember seeing one where a guy was working some heavy equipment by Camp Jurassic and he had a camera in his face practically. I would'a flipped him the bird if I was the construction worker.

I appreciate all content on this project, but I just don't wanna see that behavior normalized. Hell, I remember being yelled at for doing that very thing without a camera as a child. Even as an adult I was threatened for walking up the H.E. exit to get a peak at Hagrid's.
If your referring to my shots from the walk to pteranodon flyers from last week. They were all taken from public space not over are around any walls. If was working on this i would be proud that people would want to document the progress of a project im a part of. When your doing work this interesting in such a public place people will watch.

what Responses have team members given when asked what the coaster is?
My kid ask what is going to be in the new building and was told a lot of dinosaurs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mad Dog
If your referring to my shots from the walk to pteranodon flyers from last week.
I'm not. There's certain people that think it's okay to climb stuff to take footage over the walls. You can see into the site from PFlyers, which is a non-issue.

Not going to share said video on here, but I've noticed a trend in people taking pictures and videos inside the park of Velocicoaster over the construction barriers. Is this not frowned upon anymore?

I’m sure @Brian G. will explain it better but it’s safe not to post it since it’s from a restricted place.

If universal see it, the forum gets in trouble and given the content of the site, best not bite the hand that feeds you.

edit: There is a video where the gate has been left open and I don't think the person actually enters the area. Would this be allowed?

It's definitely frowned upon. Sadly, it hasn't stopped people at the parks from trying cuz clout. The only thing I can do is not allow for any of it to posted or linked here.

Re: The gate .... Considering we had a member get in trouble for taking pics of blueprints out in the open, I'm going to say that those wouldn't be allowed either.

I was starting to think the watchtower was just an elevator shaft, turns out it was both.

Hopefully they get the top hat up today, weather looks a little iffy tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.