Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we expecting them to update or add anything else to the JP area along with this expansion? Ive always been hopeful of it. A fall 2020 announcement to me thinks only coaster. Not a disappointing thing but I'm an American consumer so always wanting more if possible lol

I would hope something comes out when the coaster really starts taking shape. It would be a pain in the ass for Marketing/PR people to play dumb and constantly have to answer questions about what's going on in Jurassic Park when there's visible signs that a coaster is being built, but that's the Universal way...

Welcome, this is what they do.
While it can be annoying id so much rather have what they do than what Disney does. Disney announces like a decade before they open a new coaster lol which I can't stand and always makes me less and less excited for their attractions simply because of how much time has passed.

While it can be annoying id so much rather have what they do than what Disney does. Disney announces like a decade before they open a new coaster lol which I can't stand and always makes me less and less excited for their attractions simply because of how much time has passed.

Disney knows they can trickle out info over months or years on a project to build hype. Plus they have "use it or lose it" DVC and annual family vacations. Universal needs to be more judicious and careful; sometimes I think they're too careful and other times I wonder what got into them (waiting so long for Hagrid announcement only for them to prematurely announce an opening date).

Disney knows they can trickle out info over months or years on a project to build hype. Plus they have "use it or lose it" DVC and annual family vacations. Universal needs to be more judicious and careful; sometimes I think they're too careful and other times I wonder what got into them (waiting so long for Hagrid announcement only for them to prematurely announce an opening date).
Ya this is all true. Just from my own perspective I guess, even though I follow these things and generally know before the majority of the public, I find it wild how Disney hypes up their attractions for years. Guardians was announced in 2017 if I was correct? Not getting it until 2021. Thats a lot for me for a coaster, and the hype dies down. Might just be a me thing, but ah well.

Universal I'm thinking will start to get more consistent at their Orlando resort doubles, but so odd they announce some attractions opening dates on the day of, but Epic Universe is known 4 years out. Again new park >new attraction, but I think we all can see the inconsistencies.

Ya this is all true. Just from my own perspective I guess, even though I follow these things and generally know before the majority of the public, I find it wild how Disney hypes up their attractions for years. Guardians was announced in 2017 if I was correct? Not getting it until 2021. Thats a lot for me for a coaster, and the hype dies down. Might just be a me thing, but ah well.

Universal I'm thinking will start to get more consistent at their Orlando resort doubles, but so odd they announce some attractions opening dates on the day of, but Epic Universe is known 4 years out. Again new park >new attraction, but I think we all can see the inconsistencies.
Universal is kind of creating a culture where there is something new or just opened everytime people visit...I go once a month and there has been a new store/ride opening/start of an event most of those months.

Disney is creating a culture where they assume you'll come anyway.....And we all know about assumptions

Universal is kind of creating a culture where there is something new or just opened everytime people visit...I go once a month and there has been a new store/ride opening/start of an event most of those months.

Disney is creating a culture where they assume you'll come anyway.....And we all know about assumptions
Exactly this. Why I love universal so much too it’s fun to see it grow

I’d argue both have done a solid job when it comes to regular park additions as of late:

2017: Pandora/VB/Fallon
2018: Toy Story/F&F
2019: Star Wars/Hagrid
2020: Rat/Mickey/Bourne
2021: Tron/Guardians/Jurassic

The 2000s were definitely the dark ages, but I think we’ve finally hit a sweet spot for the Orlando theme parks as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.