Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the coaster is basically done, I'm really excited to see them move onto the themeing. Looking at aerials of the station hurts my brain. I kinda had an idea of what was going to go on as far as the flow of the queue from the waterfront to the station, but then the maintenance bay switch track routing derailed that for me. I'm definitely thinking the vehicle will load on the left with the exit to the right, but how the queue will get there I have no idea.

Anyone have any theories?

I’m really getting more hyped for this than Hagrid’s. It really doesn’t seem like the theming is “less”, and this is a major thrill ride. I enjoy HRRR, so Universal has never let me down with a coaster. This sounds jam packed, as is Hagrid’s, and god I’m so here for it. I cannot wait to see the rock work and waterfall be installed and see the final product. Update River Adventure and as soon as I can I WILL be at Universal for this.

Sounds like they're going out with a bang!

EvHgGDN.gif

That’s kinda it though right. If you think about, like... what would be considered as the most environmentally intense part of IOA, I think it’s going to be this. It’s got the darkness and depth of Kong but with this kinetic element of the roller coaster that is just going to put it over the top. And beyond that it looks like we’re getting a marquee/entrance the size of test track which just puts it at a whole ‘nother level.
You’re right, and I definitely agree with all of this. The environment should and will reflect the intensity and thrill-level of the ride itself. Rocks that are literally shaped like dinosaurs would not work here. FWIW, I’m not trying to directly compare this ride or its environs to Radiator Springs, it’s just that the shape and style of those structures instantly reminded of raptor tails, so I wondered if it was an attempt to evoke the dinosaurs that the ride is heavily rumored to be themed on—not a literal replication of a raptor, just the impression of one. (Something like that wouldn’t be out of place coming from the JW universe, if you think about it.)

But like I said, I agree with you and everyone else and I’d like my original comment stricken from the record lol

You’re right, and I definitely agree with all of this. The environment should and will reflect the intensity and thrill-level of the ride itself. Rocks that are literally shaped like dinosaurs would not work here. FWIW, I’m not trying to directly compare this ride or its environs to Radiator Springs, it’s just that the shape and style of those structures instantly reminded of raptor tails, so I wondered if it was an attempt to evoke the dinosaurs that the ride is heavily rumored to be themed on—not a literal replication of a raptor, just the impression of one. (Something like that wouldn’t be out of place coming from the JW universe, if you think about it.)

But like I said, I agree with you and everyone else and I’d like my original comment stricken from the record lol
I think the AA dino's in the attraction wil evoke the...eh dinosaur thing. I think the rockwork will be evoking that they should look like theme park rockwork.

Yes, I know its a forum which is for discussion but stating opinions or speculation as fact has got me rolling my eyes over here. Thinking top hat on 7/4 because they might plop a flag on top as its the highest point and exclaim 'MURICA.....oooookkkk.
1593551922729.png

Yes, I know its a forum which is for discussion but stating opinions or speculation as fact has got me rolling my eyes over here. Thinking top hat on 7/4 because they might plop a flag on top as its the highest point and exclaim 'MURICA.....oooookkkk.
View attachment 12670
There wouldn’t be much to discuss without speculation seeing as (according to universal) this coaster doesn’t exist..

View attachment 12670

I feel it in my soul that this crew will work the night of 7/3 to give us the 4th.

Yeah, it is a dramatic move and involves a bunch of people working on friday night but steelworkers have been known to do more for less.

Let me dream til the 5th ok?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.