Jurassic Park- The Ride RARE Art Cards | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park- The Ride RARE Art Cards

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 20, 2013
Here are some RARE art cards made for the ride (and to this day, I do mean RARE... I have NEVER seen these on eBay or anywhere online). They came in a hardcover box with "The Rex Card" on the cover. The box wasn't anything special, and since the art is just duplicated, I don't include any scan of it. I believe there were 4 cards for each of the 4 designs, along with standard white envelopes. Since I got these as a kid, I actually used all the cards and actually sent them to people... EXCEPT I saved one unused one of each! ;) I bought them, I believe, the first time I went to go on Jurassic Park: The Ride in the Jurassic Outfitters shop. I have never seen them since. This artwork truly is wonderful to have. I wish there was more!

High Resolution DOWNLOAD

The above download comes with the following cards:

The Rex Card (by Greg Pro)
Card-%20Rex%20-%20Copy.jpg

The Compy Card (by Carol Police)
Card-%20Compy%20-%20Copy.jpg

The Psittacosaur Card (by Carol Police)
Card-%20Pst%20-%20Copy.jpg

The Spitter Card (by Carol Police)
Card-%20Spitter%20-%20Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you like them! These are actually probably my favorite Jurassic Park- The Ride related thing I have, and the most rare! I mean, have any of you ever seen these anywhere before (besides the Rex one)? I absolutely LOVE the Compy one (as you can tell by my signature image, haha). The art itself has a unique style to it. These make for great desktop backgrounds, btw!

Really? Yeah they used it a lot for advertising the USH original, too. I remember seeing it all over, at least online anyway, for articles. I actually have talked to the guy who did the Rex Card, Greg Pro. Did you know he also did the Jurassic Cafe Mural? More on that in another post soon...

Yeah, but they replaced the ride vehicle boats with the rapids style boats, but I think the Rex was from this vintage advertisement teaser. I forgot if it was Singapore or not, I remember they also had a picture of a King Kong coaster. Maybe it was for the Dubai or Korean park. Either way, Universal reused it :)

Interesting! God I wish I could go on that rapids ride!

Btw, speaking of the Rex card, I forgot there was actually a more "extended" version, if you will, where you see more than you see in my card set. Here it is.

Rex%20Card%20extended.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allen The Actor
You know what I find funny? Now, I know this is just stylized concept art, and this might just be a coincidence, but I think this concept art T-Rex looks a lot like the T-Rex featured in Back to the Future The Ride! It has that similar inaccurate look that dinosaurs had before Jurassic Park came out! Might be a coincidence but I think they look similar :)

Haha! I may have to agree with you there! And I LOVE the BTTF T-Rex! Yeah, I do admit, the Rex does look a bit... different. Almost Godzilla-like. But I still love it! It's iconic of this ride, still!

Wouldn't it be cool, though, if the t-rex actually appeared out of the waterfall - that is, instead of just having the waterfall stop and having him whip out from beneath? It'd make for more of a surprise, and it'd hide the robotic arm type thing controlling it a bit better.

Yeah I thought that too, but at the current conditions it seems it needs refurbs constantly, imagine being under all that water, though I think that to hide it better before it comes out more water should come down or at least a little more foamy.

Wouldn't it be cool, though, if the t-rex actually appeared out of the waterfall - that is, instead of just having the waterfall stop and having him whip out from beneath? It'd make for more of a surprise, and it'd hide the robotic arm type thing controlling it a bit better.

They could do some type of effect similar to the Pirates waterfall in Disney with the projection of water shot against the fog.
I don't think it would have the same effect... not even close... the thing that makes the ride amazing and better than in Florida is that here we have an actual waterfall before the fall... in Florida there  is fog and is not the same feeling... even with projection I don't think it can beat real water 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmrbOImoBzU?feature=oembed