Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 327 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder what kind of ride it will be. If it's a themed family coaster like what's been rumored forever, they'll have to get really creative, as that is a really small area. Big Thunder is about 1.7 acres while SDMT is 2-ish (Man SDMT wastes its space). They could probably get away with making smaller trains to fit more into a small space...but then we have capacity/line issues.

I definitely don't think there's room there for anything super thrilling like some were saying, unless they put a drop tower there or something (they won't put a drop tower there)

Knowing Universal, would you really be surprised if they put coaster track out in front of the Discovery Center (like Rip Ride Rockit in front of the facades,) or over pathways with nets (like Flying Dinosaur?)

The area in question is nearly as big as Camp Jurassic. You throw in some supports that branch out in different parts of the land and you got yourself a coaster... Especially if it's more family (Coastersaurus at Legoland Florida) and less thrill ride (Lightning Rod at Dollywood.)

View attachment 6679

Of course, it's always possible that the new attraction will not be a coaster. We really do not know. Gentle Giants Petting Zoo anyone?

So far all we have is the demolition permit for a 1.36 acre area, it's very possible that the project area for new construction will be larger - but we'll have to wait for more permits to confirm that...

Or, just to play devils advocate, maybe they're building a permanent Raptor Encounter complex in that area, with one big building with multiple show rooms, kind of like how Olivanders works...

Video I started a couple weeks ago, but then got too busy to finish, is now posted. Just some of our speculation and I wanted to utilize footage I shot when I went to check out the markings on Pteranodon Flyers... But yea, I do wonder if it'll be something besides a coaster too.

So far all we have is the demolition permit for a 1.36 acre area, it's very possible that the project area for new construction will be larger - but we'll have to wait for more permits to confirm that...

Or, just to play devils advocate, maybe they're building a permanent Raptor Encounter complex in that area, with one big building with multiple show rooms, kind of like how Olivanders works...
Either way, more than one Raptor for the meet-and-greet is certainly needed. Does anyone know how long until the new encounter area on the waterfront is completed?

Reactions: tankart150
Welp we have confirmation of JW taking over JP: The Ride at USH.

Now we wait for movement at IoA
Without a dual announcement I wonder...

Maybe we get a River Adventure update, but they double down on Jurassic PARK for Orlando? Improving our ride, but further changing it to be even more different than Hollywood. That way there's still a JP home somewhere for all the inevitable complainers. (Mission Breakout on west coast, Tower of Terror on east type of deal.) Hmmm.

Without a dual announcement I wonder...

Maybe we get a River Adventure update, but they double down on Jurassic PARK for Orlando? Improving our ride, but further changing it to be even more different than Hollywood. That way there's still a JP home somewhere for all the inevitable complainers. (Mission Breakout on west coast, Tower of Terror on east type of deal.) Hmmm.

Or we're getting a new ride before the JPRA redo. Or we're not getting the JPRA redo at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.