Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 829 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been riding coasters for over 50 years. The allure of coasters wore off for me long ago. I'd rather have a really good dark or hybrid ride. BUT....this coaster looks soooo good that, like Hagrids, I'm actually excited to ride it. Nice combination of theme & thrills, and it didn't uglify the area like they did in Osaka's Jurassic Park. Fabulous job Universal. :thumbsup: This is going to be a BIG hit with the GP, and not just coaster fanatics.

I know we've literally been watching this be built piece by piece, but this still feels like a surprise
It’s definitely a surprise for Universal to announce something so early, but I think that’s the Pandemic playing in. They need any hype they can get right now to try to start enticing overseas visitors to start booking vacations again.

with this coaster now in the lineup universal has one of the best coaster collections out there also velocicoaster now takes the crown from the hulk as the fastest ride at universal

It’s definitely a surprise for Universal to announce something so early, but I think that’s the Pandemic playing in. They need any hype they can get right now to try to start enticing overseas visitors to start booking vacations again.
Thank goodness they had this up their sleeves..I mean if they had nothing for next year it could've been messy

Looks like there are two different versions of the Discovery Center in the concept art. One with white columns, one with the current orange design (although really muted). I’m guessing the one featured in Teebin’s post is more of a rendered model. Where PerspectiveCoot’s utilized existing imagery. I wonder which will be the final design.

The at night image is a composite of several images: finished track installation, pre-construction discovery center, plus draw in embellishments, to give the idea of a final product.

Reactions: Coasted and Nico
I always knew the coaster building was right next to the Discovery Center, but I don’t think I realized how close until I saw the video.

I’m really surprised the coaster building doesn’t link with the Discovery Center. I’m so desperate for a Discovery Center redo. Please, Universal!

I always knew the coaster building was right next to the Discovery Center, but I don’t think I realized how close until I saw the video.

I’m really surprised the coaster building doesn’t link with the Discovery Center. I’m so desperate for a Discovery Center redo. Please, Universal!
Yeah, it's rather odd to me that they wouldn't do something with the bottom half, like a bar/expanded gift shop or something

JWVC11.jpg

Is this path from the extended queue to the waterfront supposed to be the exit? Can't think of why else it would be connected like that. Whatever it is for, it's cool that it goes right under the top hat like that.

Reactions: alias8703
View attachment 13297

Is this path from the extended queue to the waterfront supposed to be the exit? Can't think of why else it would be connected like that. Whatever it is for, it's cool that it goes right under the top hat like that.
Interesting time they stopped the run where they did. What can those bright lights left of track along the wall at the bottom of the drop be for? :grin:

looks fantastic as expected. Fire and waterfalls were also a nice surprise. I can't wait until this is open...

What is an "inverted stall"?

Reactions: tielo
Apologies if I missed it whilst catching up on the thread. Are the lockers expected to be at the start of the queue, as usual, or might there be a chance of lockers towards the end? I think I saw someone mentioning the possibility of that in some thread. I wear glasses and fumbling through queues is always a hassle for me. :grin:

Reactions: Coasted
Status
Not open for further replies.