Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 830 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if I missed it whilst catching up on the thread. Are the lockers expected to be at the start of the queue, as usual, or might there be a chance of lockers towards the end? I think I saw someone mentioning the possibility of that in some thread. I wear glasses and fumbling through queues is always a hassle for me. :grin:
It’ll be before you load I beleive is what we’ve been told. Building a more modern Rollercoaster queue it sounds, it seems like you can carry everything up until you’re at your ride vehicle. Another small reason I’m hyped for this honestly

Interested to see how this works
Same. It doesn’t seem too logistically difficult to
Pull off assuming this is literally someone’s job to maintain/watch the items. I think it’s a great idea and will also cause less traffic around the ride. People will just be going in and out.

Same. It doesn’t seem too logistically difficult to
Pull off assuming this is literally someone’s job to maintain/watch the items. I think it’s a great idea and will also cause less traffic around the ride. People will just be going in and out.
Maybe...I still have PTSD from the FJ lockers

If you’re only holding a few trains worth of personal items instead of an entire 30-60-90 minute queue worth of personal items, it should be a much smaller and hopefully efficient process. To be honest, I’m still a fan of Cedar Point’s Box 1, 2, and 3 system in the station - stupidly simple yet efficient.

Also, from the look of the launch room, any chance the running raptor effect @Alicia heard about was for the beginning of the ride and not the end?
FWIW, when this was described to me, I was under the impression that the raptor chases were screen-based at one of the launches. But that was 12+ months ago, I didn’t ask any follow-ups to clarify and I don’t have any idea if it’s one or both launches.

oh ok, kind of like the Copperhead Strike at Carrowinds?

39 seconds, just after the top hat if the timestamp doesn't work. Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg also has one:
IMG_1614-2.png

Interested to see how this works
I don’t know if this is what they’re doing, but I’ve always thought double-sided lockers could work for coasters with the exit on the same side as the load. On one side, people can access right before the load area, on the other side people can grab their stuff out of the back after they exit.

I don’t know if this is what they’re doing, but I’ve always thought double-sided lockers could work for coasters with the exit on the same side as the load. On one side, people can access right before the load area, on the other side people can grab their stuff out of the back after they exit.
That’s a great idea.

Very smart

Lockers are honestly super quick with the scan ticket feature

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Ive been trying to think of a way they do this cause my only experience with that is at local amusement parks but, I, think you just solved it...

Status
Not open for further replies.