Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 874 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They hit the ball outta the park with those Raptors. Each member of the Raptor squad is easily identifiable.

Also, I spy a train with a zero car AND dummies. I don't believe they've done that previously; just the empty train with zero car, and the weighted train without.

Everest in 2020 would be $120m with inflation.
None of the Everest numbers here, either inflated or not inflated, are high enough.

For anyone who has seen this running in person... does there seem to be a large variance between the first launch and second launch speeds? My only concern is that that the paddock launch is going to max out at like 50ish and that section will be more pedestrian than something like Maverick.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
None of the Everest numbers here, either inflated or not inflated, are high enough.

For anyone who has seen this running in person... does there seem to be a large variance between the first launch and second launch speeds? My only concern is that that the paddock launch is going to max out at like 50ish and that section will be more pedestrian than something like Maverick.

You make a good point about the launches. Good news is that this is an Intamin and not a Mack. First launch will feel more punchy than the second, and I imagine the second launch will feel a lot like Cheetah Hunts second launch going up into the tree.

They’ve already confirmed the first launch is 50 mph:

^Length of train + Height + Curvature is what determines maximum angle of descent. I remember Alan Shilke talking about exactly this in a Steel Vengeance interview and how they just so happened to stumble on the fact that 205 ft is the threshold for delivering a 90° drop safely with a 6 car train. It was something CP requested and they got lucky with the physics.

1. Poor Charlie, they put her by herself in the paddock.

2. I think I spy some of the queue stanchions (I think that’s what they’re called?) in this Bio shot. You can see them in the main extended queue and the switchback area under the top hat. Also, those big planters must be the future home of some of the tall palms, right?

1. Poor Charlie, they put her by herself in the paddock.

2. I think I spy some of the queue stanchions (I think that’s what they’re called?) in this Bio shot. You can see them in the main extended queue and the switchback area under the top hat. Also, those big planters must be the future home of some of the tall palms, right?

Weird location for them, but definitely.

Starting at 50 in the raptor pen is just perfect. You want to take in the scenery and it probably feel a lot faster with all the rockwork and plants in there.

Exactly. Riding Maverick at Cedar Point, the coaster is probably going around 55 mph after the lift hill's drop and that is plenty fast through the turns. With blind spots and quick turns, 50 mph will allow you to take those without getting whiplash and still enjoy the ride.

To me the coasters with slower upside down and big maneuvers are far more terrifying than the ones that take them all fast. Ya know, cause I feel like ima fall out lol.
This is why I don't like HRRR cause of the restraints plus how slow it is I'm constantly scared I'm gonna get stuck, fall out, or its just all slow enough all that anxiety can rush through my head haha.

To me the coasters with slower upside down and big maneuvers are far more terrifying than the ones that take them all fast. Ya know, cause I feel like ima fall out lol.
I'm neither here nor there on it...Copperhead strikes loop has a lot of hang time and I enjoy it...Then there's Steel Vengeance that absolutely hauls through its inversions and I enjoy that

I'm just used to Intamin whipping me around I guess lol

Also, big foliage appreciation moment. All the videos I've seen of the site look already sunk in an somewhat overgrown (in a good way)

It's almost like Velocicoaster was always there, love it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.