Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything been said about the queueing system expected for this?

Will it a better similar system to Hagrid's? Although given the more extreme nature of the coaster and I assume this will be far more reliable, they might not need to.

Are we gonna see any movement on the raptors we see during the ride? I suppose we’ll be moving past them so fast it won’t really be necessary but we know Universal can do it after seeing the outdoor animatronics on hagrid’s

Are we gonna see any movement on the raptors we see during the ride? I suppose we’ll be moving past them so fast it won’t really be necessary but we know Universal can do it after seeing the outdoor animatronics on hagrid’s
I don’t think the 4 figures in the paddock will move. But there should be screen-based raptors in the first scene that run out when we go to launch. And there were rumors for something in the final brake run, but best I’m hoping for is a static figure on a sled that slides out to scare us. Technically movement though!

There are rumors for animatronic Raptor heads in muzzles too, probably visible from the queue somewhere. Those would have movement and facial expressions... As we’d actually have time to sit and admire them.

Backs up the theory on the lights being a deterrent for the raptors.

^Length of train + Height + Curvature is what determines maximum angle of descent. I remember Alan Shilke talking about exactly this in a Steel Vengeance interview and how they just so happened to stumble on the fact that 205 ft is the threshold for delivering a 90° drop safely with a 6 car train. It was something CP requested and they got lucky with the physics.

Makes sense, and curvature relates to speed too. I was just imagining at the top hat more like Xcelerator.

When’s is a pretty well guess that you think the ride should open?

I think the pandemic threw all the plans in the trash. I could see them having this open in April or May with a late May "virtual grand opening" like they did with Bourne. But if you want to guarantee to ride it on a trip I'd say go in late June.

I don’t think the 4 figures in the paddock will move. But there should be screen-based raptors in the first scene that run out when we go to launch. And there were rumors for something in the final brake run, but best I’m hoping for is a static figure on a sled that slides out to scare us. Technically movement though!

There are rumors for animatronic Raptor heads in muzzles too, probably visible from the queue somewhere. Those would have movement and facial expressions... As we’d actually have time to sit and admire them.

I think there are going to be a lot of people disappointed in stationary raptors in the paddock. I also think a lot of people will ride and think the statues move. So, I expect this to become another stupid theme park debate lol

As that here if I'm reading this right?

View attachment 13874

I'm not so sure about that... as here is where the concept art has it, along the path coming from Jurassic Park, not the bridge. That 4th photo in the tweet does make it seem as though it is lined up with the work walls, no?

raptors2-scaled.jpg

EDIT: You beat me to it @gabe3235

Close, on the path beside the Discovery Center:
View attachment 13875

Status
Not open for further replies.