Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 902 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All it needs is fresh paint, signage and upgraded animatronics - no need for anything extra.

Eh... That makes sense for the food and beverage locations. But I believe all current JP attractions, ie River Adventure, Camp Jurassic, and Discovery Center, need more than just superficial aesthetic upgrades. That means River Adventure’s animatronics (all of them), a couple new show scenes, and infrastructure. Camp J needs a huge sweeping repaint and some sort of new interactive features. Discovery Center is begging for new exhibits downstairs, some new murals, and potentially an architectural upgrade. If they’re thinking about approving JW, it should be done right.

Reactions: IndyRs
Eh... That makes sense for the food and beverage locations. But I believe all current JP attractions, ie River Adventure, Camp Jurassic, and Discovery Center, need more than just superficial aesthetic upgrades. That means River Adventure’s animatronics (all of them), a couple new show scenes, and infrastructure. Camp J needs a huge sweeping repaint and some sort of new interactive features. Discovery Center is begging for new exhibits downstairs, some new murals, and potentially an architectural upgrade. If they’re thinking about approving JW, it should be done right.

I remember at USH's version, they completely modified the previous Dino Play kids area to be a bit more varied and layered. I don't think Camp Jurassic will see as big of a overhaul as that, but I'd expect repainting and branding changes to match the Netflix show.

River Adventure while taking up the majority, I'd assume would be easy; as they have the assets and concepts from Hollywood to go off of, to reduce costs. The main expenses with that would likely have to be with the Mosasaurus Aquarium and the retheming of the indoor portion to T-Rex Kingdom. I do agree that the main problem would be the discovery center, but even then that can range depending on how they want to change it. I doubt we'll see a facade change to match the Innovation Center completely: but I'd assume we'd see large changes to the interior.

Outside of that, it should be a complete rebranding and repainting; to better match the Jurassic World brand. All video based material should be done with Fallen Kingdom's production: so I doubt they'd do new recorded scenes for Owen, Claire, and Wu.

Reactions: violarum
:bigeye:
New video from AmusementInsider gets a first look inside the station and a peak at the show scene.. Plus, some new lighting effects for the paddock walls.

View attachment 14118
Appears that some of the construction isn’t entirely complete in there, so don’t expect any openings in the near future. Some time in mid-late April would be my guess.

View attachment 14119
Screen (musion perhaps?) effect accompanied by a shaking physical cage. Looks good!

Yikes..the whole section of track shaking st 6:39:look:

So story-wise, I'm wondering if this is supposed to be an in-universe rollercoaster

Or, If the ride vehicle acts as something else

Maybe we're sent out to round up the loose raptors?

Maybe it's supposed to be a coaster through a raptor pen?

Uni2-28-21-13.jpg
Uni2-28-21-14.jpg

Uni2-28-21-15.jpg

Uni2-28-21-17.jpg

Uni2-28-21-18.jpg

I'll be really sad if the convert all of JP to JW. JP has that nostalgic feel and I'm ok that it looks old. They can update it but still keep that feel. It's not supposed to be some fancy island like in JW. Also JW's color schemes are cold and boring. They don't scream tropical island filled with dinosaurs. Everything seems too advanced and technological. Where's the warmth? Look, if they do convert it, which I'm sure they will, I hope they keep it feeling alive and not cold and mechanical. I loved Hollywood's redo except for the coloring. What was once warm and inviting is now grey, cold, and boring. Plus, the JP movies are far superior to the JW ones. I enjoy the new films but they just are hollow entries with flat characters and mainly CGI dino's. They don't compare to the realistic environments of JP.

All it needs is fresh paint, signage and upgraded animatronics - no need for anything extra.
I disagree - Jurassic World has icons now...Indominus, Mososaurus, Blue...I think re-doing the animatronics is important, but a proper re-theme is in order if they want to make the land a cohesive whole.

I have this feeling that new people to the parks will ride Velocicoaster and go into JPRA thinking they will see the Indominus or Blue. A lot of people under 18 are growing up on Jurassic World and they will want to keep the land relevant. I don’t know if it will happen in the next year or two, but I do think JPRA will become JWRA.

Last edited:
I disagree - Jurassic World has icons now...Indominus, Mososaurus, Blue...I think re-doing the animatronics is important, but a proper re-theme is in order if they want to make the land a cohesive whole.

I really think that new people to the parks will ride Velocicoaster and go into JPRA thinking they will see the Indominus or Blue. A lot of people under 18 are growing up on Jurassic World and they will want to keep the land relevant. I don’t know if it will happen in the next year or two, but I do think JPRA will become JWRA.
People *love* Blue...Making the raptors loveable was an interesting move but it caught on

I wonder if River Adventure would be built from the ground up today, even as World, or if they would build the ride in China.
What do you mean? Like from scratch?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I wonder if River Adventure would be built from the ground up today, even as World, or if they would build the ride in China.

Would the current version exist any where?

I get the impression that the Singapore and Beijing rides were built as a way to have something unique to their parks and not another clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.