Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 825 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Singapore has "The Lost World" which is a land divided into two sub lands: JP and Waterworld.

Skull Island is IOA's sub land. Just a ride shoehorned into JP land, because their plots share dinosaurs(?). I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the execution of it if they had added some sort of divider between JP and Kong.

It wouldn't be all that difficult

Most people wouldn't care, either. They see Jurassic World and that's all they need; not whether or not the red aesthetic of JP matches with the modern blue of JW.

With the parks looking to watch their spending, it may be the easiest and cheapest transition to do and market it as "The VelociCoaster in the new Jurassic World of Islands of Adventure".

Most people wouldn't care, either. They see Jurassic World and that's all they need; not whether or not the red aesthetic of JP matches with the modern blue of JW.

With the parks looking to watch their spending, it may be the easiest and cheapest transition to do and market it as "The VelociCoaster in the new Jurassic World of Islands of Adventure".
I don’t doubt they’ll call the area Jurassic World in marketing when the coaster opens, just not so sure they’ll even bother to spend money to update the land’s signs.

Reactions: shiekra38
On one hand, as one of the few Jurassic Park advocates around here, I'd hate to see the entire land change over to JW.

On the other hand, explicitly trying to have a JW area (named as such) within a land that is still called Jurassic Park (and that has a backstory that doesn't line up with JW) seems overly muddled to me. They should pick one name for the entire land and stick with it, and as much as I wouldn't like a complete JW name change, I guess I'd prefer that to a thematic hodge-podge.

I hope they more actively go with the original story for Isla Aventura. Explaining the backstory in queues and trough theming. It makes it future proof after the Jurassic World movies go down the drain and they can keep the Jurassic Park themed attractions as I still love the first movie the best from all the Jurassic movies.

Reactions: belloq87
I don’t doubt they’ll call the area Jurassic World in marketing when the coaster opens, just not so sure they’ll even bother to spend money to update the land’s signs.
I agree

IMO there would need to be significant expansion aside from Velocicoaster to call it Jurrassic World

i.e. Thunder Falls and Discovery Center getting an upgrade and JPRA getting some enhancements

IDK, the name change suggests that something bigger is happening

I agree

IMO there would need to be significant expansion aside from Velocicoaster to call it Jurrassic World

i.e. Thunder Falls and Discovery Center getting an upgrade and JPRA getting some enhancements

IDK, the name change suggests that something bigger is happening
Universal’s Islands of Adventure’s Jurassic Park featuring the all-new Jurassic World VelociCoaster

I kind of figured they wouldn’t even try to have a cohesive change until JPRA gets the same overhaul Hollywood got.

But honestly, I don’t see that overhaul happening for years. It doesn’t feel like it should be a high priority especially given the financials.

I’d like to see the entire land get a retheme except for Camp Jurassic. That can be “the old park” as seen in Jurassic World 1.

i have sources telling me the height requirement for the coaster will be the same as the hulk 54 inches
The usual height for these Intamin trains is 52". Pantheon, Taiga, Taron, all are 52". Even the 4 across trains they have like on Hyperion are 52 inches. Not saying your source is wrong- maybe Universal is erring on the side of caution and upping the requirement.

Reactions: gabe3235
Having rode Taron 12 times in my day at Phantasialand last year, it is a phenomenal coaster and didn't nees an inversion. The launch onto and uo the face of the waterfall and feeling the mist from it was fantastic. I hope if it shares anything with Taron, it is the launch toward a waterfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.