Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
F.L.Y. at Phantasialand (the new Vekoma flyer) just opened and has the lockers at the end of the queue line right before load. Then you go through metal detectors right before reaching the station. Velocicoaster will probably use the same system.

Might I interest you in nearly every other park in North America?
Isn't the whole problem that you can't trust people to do that? In most parks, it's optional whether you get to put your stuff to the side, but then again, most coasters aren't going over guest areas.

It's also an issue of everyone trying to use their phone to record or broadcast their ride. That's been the biggest game changer in loose articles, along with the cost of phones. It was one thing when someone took your refillable cup, or jacket, or whatever you left in the station with a value of just a few dollars, but thousand dollar phones are an easy target, and when they get stolen in a station suddenly there are police reports and belligerent guests to deal with. No park guest relations wants more of those headaches. Couple that with faster coasters and guests being hit by loose articles flying out of pockets and it has become necessary do do more than just "put your loose articles to the side" in the station.

Yeh, but with multiple trains running it isn't possible anymore.

I've seen the cage system with sliding doors working well with up to 3 trains but there's 3 things at play here besides the obvious security element.

• Different load and unload areas
  • Storing items at the same time as loading drastically slows down dispatch times
  • Like you said, too many trains.

It’ll be before you load I beleive is what we’ve been told. Building a more modern Rollercoaster queue it sounds, it seems like you can carry everything up until you’re at your ride vehicle. Another small reason I’m hyped for this honestly
The flying dinosaur system looks great. Hope that's what we're getting.

Well something like it at least since the load setup is different.

Might I interest you in nearly every other park in North America?
A lot of parks are moving away from bins in the station as well. It slows down loading the train and stops a lot of things from being flying objects. The difference is Universal provides lockers for free and you have to pay at the other chains. Which is why I am a proponent for cargo shorts in theme parks.

A lot of parks are moving away from bins in the station as well. It slows down loading the train and stops a lot of things from being flying objects. The difference is Universal provides lockers for free and you have to pay at the other chains. Which is why I am a proponent for cargo shorts in theme parks.
Cargo shorts are the best thing that ever happened for theme parks. It's my every day theme park attire, weather permitting, and I can carry anything I need without lugging around a bothersome backpack all day.

It’s getting ridiculous. And some of the prices are so bad.

Went and got some more pictures today, here are some of the bigger things I noticed.

Looks like some sort of mounting points toward the front of the exterior queue framing:
IMG_5545.jpg

First nets were installed on the top hat:
1601691780658.png

What looks like some lighting mounting points and the bars for the viewing area were installed:
IMG_5589.jpgIMG_5602.jpg

And some more general shots of the ride:
IMG_5587.jpg
IMG_5593.jpg
1601692677411.png
1601692739307.png

Status
Not open for further replies.