Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still amazed at the tenacity of the two osprey on the coaster tracks. Seeing them continue to view that space as home even when their nest is destroyed over and over, is something to see. Wonder how Uni will solve this. :deadhorse:
I'm waiting for day and night cycling to see if it goes anywhere. They could always build a tower of equal height I suppose

Pretty sure once you enter the new coaster’s queue you’re in the actual Jurassic World from the movie. (Same with Raptor Encounter.) The rest of the land is same as it always was.

That concept is definitely a bit of a fear of mine but it would make more financial sense in the future if they’re planning on doing a full JW conversion once funds are available. Btw I’m sure people have already discussed this whole topic into the ground lol sry y’all I’ve just been ~away~.

Also I am begging for an in queue JW model as a sister to JPRA’s.

In the first room in the queue, they should have videos of Masrani and Claire basically doing a corporate sales pitch for the other Jurassic Resorts around the world. SYNERGY!

"In celebration of the opening of our spectacular new Jurassic World Isla Nublar Resort, all our Jurassic Resorts around the world are receiving gifts!

Our Jurassic World La Brea Resort is receiving an all new river adventure attraction with a spectacular underwater peek into the new Mossasaur aquarium. Our Jurassic Park Osaka Resort just opened the all new JW Flying Dinosaur flying coaster. Our Jurassic Park Sentosa Resort is receiving the world's most immersive quick service kiosk where guests can take on the super spicy VelociChurro or the massive Churrosaurs Rex.

So I am thrilled that you here at the Jurassic Park Isla Aventura Resort are about to experience what I think is the most exciting attraction we have ever created. The Jurassic World Velocicoaster!"

Y’all might be laughing but I would 100% unironically love this lmao.

Last edited:
Commercial?

Most probably.

I wonder if they’re filming b roll footage, if they’ll record footage with and without masks.

Obviously, for the foreseeable future, they want to show masks but with the coaster being pristine, if they’ll want some footage without masks for once the pandemic is over.

The osprey issue is difficult. The spot is appealing to them for a multitude of reasons- namely the altitude, and proximity to food. The lagoon is full of some sort of carp or other pest/algae eating fish to keep the lagoon mostly clean, so they can't remove the food source. They can't remove the top hat either, so it's a real catch-22 they're in.

If they have to go up there everyday to remove nest materials anyway, I don't see why they just don't cover the track with something that makes that perch uninviting to them. Remove it when it's time to test, then cover it back up. And when there's a train going by every ~60 seconds, the osprey will be a thing of the past.

The osprey issue is difficult. The spot is appealing to them for a multitude of reasons- namely the altitude, and proximity to food. The lagoon is full of some sort of carp or other pest/algae eating fish to keep the lagoon mostly clean, so they can't remove the food source. They can't remove the top hat either, so it's a real catch-22 they're in.

If they have to go up there everyday to remove nest materials anyway, I don't see why they just don't cover the track with something that makes that perch uninviting to them. Remove it when it's time to test, then cover it back up. And when there's a train going by every ~60 seconds, the osprey will be a thing of the past.
Simple solution - invert the top hat and build a platform on top for the raptor.:eek:O:

Status
Not open for further replies.