Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I find a video anywhere of these delicious views?

Also, I'll throw some predictions out there. March 15th for them to open the lagoon area and the bypass bridge. April 2nd for TM previews. April 5th for Guest previews. Grand Opening May 25th, 2021.

EDIT: I'm also glad the theming elements make the raptor paddock look quite large from the ground level.
Orlando Informer has a live 7 minute video on their Facebook feed today.

It should speed up once it has people/a little weight to it.

Honestly, this ride is the first addition in a long time that doesn’t have a “but”...everything about it seems awesome and its placement in the park only improved its surroundings. Looks better (from a ride and theming perspective) than Hagrid’s IMO.
Que?

Not sure how you can think Hagrid's didn't improve the area after going from rocky pit to an actual forest. Hagrid's really is the only recent addition without a "but".

You can complain about the lack of AAs and debatably the end of the deep jungle theme as well as views despite the effort made to maintain them.

I’m surprised to see a lot of people don’t like these kind of shirts from Universal. They’re perfectly dorky to me. I wear them all the time

I have a friend that lives for those kinds of shirts. I feel like they're embedded in the amusement consciousness at this point. I hate them personally, but I get the appeal. Solid sleep shirts if you're that kind of person and don't value the freedom of nudles.

Last edited:
Que?

Not sure how you can think Hagrid's didn't improve the area after going from rocky pit to an actual forest. Hagrid's really is the only recent addition without a "but".

You can complain about the lack of AAs and debatably the end of the deep jungle theme as well as views despite the effort made to maintain them.

Oops, didn’t mean to say Hagrid’s looks bad or ruins Hogsmeade or anything. I think for me, Hagrid’s always had the issue of “the trees are still growing in,” “the show-building doesn’t have a convincing paint job,” etc. Hagrid’s definitely looks great, but I think Velocicoaster looks better.

If I am gonna pay that much for a t-shirt, it better have a huge logo/picture somewhere. The world will KNOW I went and rode the coaster. I would only accept a small logo on the front if the back is covered with art. It's a theme park shirt, not Brooks brothers.

If I am gonna pay that much for a t-shirt, it better have a huge logo/picture somewhere. The world will KNOW I went and rode the coaster. I would only accept a small logo on the front if the back is covered with art. It's a theme park shirt, not Brooks brothers.
That's kinda what I liked about the print your own shirt stations at HHN and Epcot F. Arts, you could be as minimal or OVER THE TOP as you wanted.

This is most theme-parky merch I've seen from Universal since Islands of Adventure opened and I am here for it.

You can't tell me you didn't wish you had purchased some of those crazy Dueling Dragons shirts back in '99?

This stuff is gold.
ParallelGrotesqueFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.