Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Waits & Uptime

Curious how busy the park was this weekend and what type of waits occurred. Anyone at the park ?

Went Saturday and the ride is running ridiculously well

We got a weather delay on Hulk and walked over to Veloci

By the time we got there it was back open

Posted 90 minutes, waited 30...buuut the queue was dumped during the weather

How has single rider been. We are going this weekend. Wondering if its quick enough to be worth doing. How much que are you missing?
You miss the best parts of the queue in single rider, so I’d do the regular line at least once first. Also, you put your things away in lockers right at the start of waiting, whereas normal queue you put them in last. Most of single line waiting is done in the final room, listening to the same looping 5 minute video over and over. So, if the choice is between 60 mins with my phone and seeing cool raptors, or 30 mins stuck in one place without my phone, I always pick the regular line. But that’s me. If you have someone to talk to it might not be so bad. But I much prefer the regular line that’s always moving to just standing in pretty much the same spot for half an hour.

I got in line yesterday at 6:30 after the ride had brief downtime. The posted wait was 45 minutes, but I reached the station in 30 and waited a cycle to get the front row. Single Rider was full at the time and not accepting more people. The train in front of me went back into the maintenance bay, so it was cool seeing the track switch right before unload.

You miss the best parts of the queue in single rider, so I’d do the regular line at least once first. Also, you put your things away in lockers right at the start of waiting, whereas normal queue you put them in last. Most of single line waiting is done in the final room, listening to the same looping 5 minute video over and over. So, if the choice is between 60 mins with my phone and seeing cool raptors, or 30 mins stuck in one place without my phone, I always pick the regular line. But that’s me. If you have someone to talk to it might not be so bad. But I much prefer the regular line that’s always moving to just standing in pretty much the same spot for half an hour.
I'm with you on that one. I wait in line for Hag and time Flys by even though I've done dozens of times. A study moving well detailed que is half the fun.

No posts here in months so I'm assuming the wait times have been "reasonable" and that the ride hasn't had massive downtime like Hagrid did when it first opened. I'm really only asking because I'm heading down to the parks next week and want to be prepared.

No posts here in months so I'm assuming the wait times have been "reasonable" and that the ride hasn't had massive downtime like Hagrid did when it first opened. I'm really only asking because I'm heading down to the parks next week and want to be prepared.
Looking at Touring Plans most every day, it seems that Velocicoaster line times are pretty consistent and basically similar to what they were when it opened. It doesn't seem to reach Hagrid's line time levels, and it's probably due to it being a high thrill coaster that certain demographics aren't going to ride.