Kennywood Park | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Kennywood Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"heavily media reported gang issues"?? In 2023?

Sandcastle Waterpark will be closed Mondays beginning July 10 - it's on their calendar
Idlewild will be closed Wednesdays beginning July 12 - it's on their calendar
Lake Compounce will be closed one day a week - its on their calendar
Dutch Wonderland...Adventureland Resort... same six day a week schedule moving forward

It's a Palace thing.
Read the newspapers, my friend. In Kennywood's case, yes. Even in today's Trib Live new report on the Tuesday closing, the main thrust of the newspaper's account was the gang shooting and disturbance in late 2022 and the DA's publicly questioning Kennywood security and safety in May 2023. Even if the other two are closing a day now, it still sounds like it's an overall attendance thing. Coupled with all those ticket and AP discounts they were running last month. Every week a new one. Don't need to discount when the crowds are coming. Traditionally July and August are their best months, especially the daily Fall Festival parades in August, and the ethnic festivals.

Read the newspapers, my friend. In Kennywood's case, yes. Even in today's Trib Live new report on the Tuesday closing, the main thrust of the newspaper's account was the gang shooting and disturbance in late 2022 and the DA's publicly questioning Kennywood security and safety in May 2023. Even if the other two are closing a day now, it still sounds like it's an overall attendance thing. Coupled with all those ticket and AP discounts they were running last month. Every week a new one. Don't need to discount when the crowds are coming. Traditionally July and August are their best months, especially the daily Fall Festival parades in August, and the ethnic festivals.

Just an FYI: They changed their minds and will be open daily again until Aug 20th

Reactions: Mad Dog
Just an FYI: They changed their minds and will be open daily again until Aug 20th
Makes sense. This is historically their busiest part of the year. Ethnic picnics and then Fall Festival parades start in a couple weeks. Their management decisions, like the huge price increases, have made little sense since covid.....and....they just announced a 50% off sale on daily tickets. I've never seen them offer that large a sale before. Definitely something going on. Management sounds confused on how they want to address their attendance issues. This back and forth doesn't express confidence.

Last edited:
As a heads up, Steel Curtain is down yet again. Some say it's just for a bit of maintenance, though I've seen one report that called guest services and they were told it's closed for the season.

Either way, it's not good, especially considering its last stint of operation was just 9 days. And that was after yet another batch of maintenance! It really feels like a rarity to have this thing open.

• Sad
Reactions: Jake S