Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kings Dominion

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It was just announced that Hurler has officially closed, with a tease that it will return in 2018..

Do you all think that KD may be tagging along with Cedar Point for some Rocky Mountain's in 2018? Comment below!!

Link to Twisted Timbers: Twisted Timbers | New Wooden Coaster | Kings Dominion

More info:
On the outskirts of Candy Apple Grove sits the remains of the once thriving Hanover Hill Orchard. No one can say exactly what happened that day back in 1950. What destroyed half of the harvest in a matter of seconds? What shook the ground, turned over tractors, shattered glass and nearly peeled the siding off the warehouse, all without warning...all without a cloud in the sky? Strictly “off limits” for decades, this land of local legend is finally open to the public! You are invited to experience Twisted Timbers, an exclusive tour of the now famed Hanover Hill Orchard. Take a ride through previously forbidden grounds where you’ll experience the unexplainable and see evidence preserved from that fateful day. Hold on tight because this is a tour with the twist. This is Twisted Timbers.

A Wooden Coaster with a Twist of Steel

Steel and wood combine forces to bring you our newest rollercoaster – Twisted Timbers. This hybrid coaster is the first of its kind in the mid-Atlantic and uses the latest technology to combine wood supports and steel track to give riders an experience that is impossible on a traditional wooden coaster.

Ready to Take a Bite?

Twisted Timbers sits at the edge of Candy Apple Grove and gives riders a one-of-a-kind experience. Plummet down a 109-foot-tall barrel roll drop that sends you twisting across 3,351 feet of track with two more inversions and 20 airtime hills at speeds of 54 miles per hour. Hold on tight, because this is a ride with a twist… this is Twisted Timbers.

DHXHmSJXcAA3nfN.jpg
kdtt1.JPG
thumb_dhxhxyqvoaatneh.jpg kdtt2.JPG

Winterfest also for 2018:
thumb_dhxky6xuiae1xod.jpg

So earlier this year I went to KD to find Volcano: The Blast Coaster was closed. It never reopened this year and I heard rumblings that the ride has some pretty serious issues that would require rebuilding major parts of the ride. It now sounds like the ride is totally dead.

So earlier this year I went to KD to find Volcano: The Blast Coaster was closed. It never reopened this year and I heard rumblings that the ride has some pretty serious issues that would require rebuilding major parts of the ride. It now sounds like the ride is totally dead.
The theming was lacking and the coaster had uncomfortably awkward moves.

Aw. I've only been there a couple of times (and not in the last 10+ years..has it really been that long!?) but I remember enjoying the coaster. I even got a shirt with the attraction name on it :lol: