Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

Pumpkin Eater has great performances because the maze’s design is so awful that the actors have to work harder than any other maze. Heard there is a new light package, but last years lighting and audio is some of the worst done at Knott’s. Origins and Waxworks look DOPE, and unlike last year, I’m wanting to go in fresh so I haven’t watched any POVS. Just from pics, I’ve never been more excited for a maze after seeing the CATAWAMPUS!!!

I really like Pumpkin Eater. It may not be the most aesthetically-pleasing maze, but most times I’ve gone through it, the actors are on it! I really like it!

I think Pumpkin Eater might be one of he most detailed mazes they have in terms of set design but I feel like the lighting makes it nearly impossible to see that detail. It's a great theme and I love how it ties into The Hollow.

Pumpkin Eater and Dark Entities have opposite issues. Pumpkin Eater has great costumes and characters with awful lighting and sound, where dark entities has major design issues with the greatest lighting ever achieved in a haunted house.

So, I'm taking some family members this year and my mom and sister are a bit reluctant on the mazes. How would you rank this year's least scary to most scary?

So, I'm taking some family members this year and my mom and sister are a bit reluctant on the mazes. How would you rank this year's least scary to most scary?

I am a hardened horror fan so nothing really scares me that much, so I might not be the best person to ask. I would say The Depths and Dark Entities are the least scary, since not that much happens in them. There are hardly any scares in The Depths, and Dark Entities is lit very brightly throughout most of it which would probably make it more accommodating to beginners.

Origins is an actual great maze with a very low scare factor. That might be a good place to start, since it shows how good a maze can be without it actually having many scares in it. Special Ops is really where you should go directly after rope drop to avoid 90 minute plus waits. Special Ops is a ton of fun, but not very scary. It is much more based on fast action instead of scares, so that might be a good place to start for beginners also.

About the lights in Pumpkin Eater; something felt off about the maze this year and it might be the new lighting package. I definitely remember enjoying Pumpkin Eater more in the previous years.

Looks like they've added a witches speech to the end of the hanging which makes it much more obvious that its ending. It's always interesting to see the hanging at the start of the run and at the end, they're sometimes very different shows.

S
Looks like they've added a witches speech to the end of the hanging which makes it much more obvious that its ending. It's always interesting to see the hanging at the start of the run and at the end, they're sometimes very different shows.
saw it for the first time and, man, what an awful idea. I understand what they’re trying to do, but it wasn’t nearly good enough IMO to close one of the longest running features of the event.

Aside from the abrupt ending, I liked The Hanging this year. I love the guy that played the devil (he was great in the Hacks show they had last year too). I thought it was cool adding a storyline that weaved in with Origins and the Ghost Town area.

I only saw the show opening weekend. What does the speech at the end change?

part of me wondering if next years hanging is going to explain the absence of the hangman, if not that...are we looking at this being the final year for the show?

part of me wondering if next years hanging is going to explain the absence of the hangman, if not that...are we looking at this being the final year for the show?
Think of it like a sitcom cartoon. Every episode resolves itself and there's little in the way of development.