Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm: Mine Ride and Future of the Park

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Early yesterday morning, I had the privilege of being able to check out the Calico Mine Ride for the media preview. Although it was a preview, the ride was open for the rest of the day and most presumably tomorrow. Everything is done and ready to go!

The Calico Mine Ride restoration was amazing! Like the Timber Mountain Log Ride, Garner Holt did an amazing job with the animatronics and the new lighting. A lot of the animatronics look so life-like and great, whlle everything else still maintain the "creepy" old-fashioned vibe. The ending did blow me away with its special effects and upgrades they put in....yes there was a pun in there. It did remind me a lot of the new scene from Big Thunder Mountain. Actually, it was probably directly taken from it. Overall, please go check out the Mine Ride. It's amazing and you will love the updates Garner Holt put in there. I also loved what they did with Camp Snoopy. It looks beautiful again! The new figures on the Sierra Train were very cute and the Linus Launcher was quite fun!

Oh, one more thing. During the dedication of Camp Snoopy's reopening, Raffi hinted at the new dark ride opening next year. "we are turning our attention to the boardwalk for interactive family fun for 2015."

I really love the direction Knott's is headed. It becoming a great park.

Well considering the Calico Mine Ride inspired BTMR, it's only fitting that BTMR inspired it in return. Sounds awesome. I haven't been to the park in a few years but with updates like these, it's definitely making me want to get back sooner than later.

I love everything about this ride concept. I hope it's a huge success for them.

I like the concept, but Wonder Mountain Guardian looks like a very poor man's version of TSMM, so I'd temper expectations

The advantage this has over WMG is that there have been two dark rides in this location before, the ride sounds longer, and they claim there will be actual sets. WMG was built where nothing had been before and, based on the videos I have seen, had not set/film integration.