Knott's Scary Farm 2022 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2022

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Please keep in mind, this forum is likely to include spoilers so if you're strong enough to wait until the announcements, avert your eyes now! That being said, I have been checking daily to see if the forum is up or not so I'm so excited to get started!

Here are some of my thoughts and speculations as of now:
- I have talked to someone who does not work at the event anymore but knows everything for this year. So it's out there. The one thing they told me is that Carnevil will be getting a wardrobe update to better match Mesmer out in the zone which sounds awesome!
- I really hope for a new maze in both Mystery Lodge and GhostRider 3. It seems they could be on track to start ML construction in mid June and have GR3 done by then. Wax Works was finished mid-May so judging by the photos, they're not as early as that but I just hope we get 2 new mazes. If we get one, I'll still be happy and they will make up for it in some other department like they did last year, but I'm still hoping for 2, we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled.
- If we get a ML maze this year, I speculate it will be Pumpkin Eater and Dark Entities' final year. Dark Ride is older than DE but I think they'll keep it around longer.
- I hope we get the return of the announcement event as well as the midsummer scream panel. The videos were great but there's nothing like that pre-season hype show with a ton of Scary Farm fans!
- I'm curious how the dynamic between the 50th anniversary, the green witch, and the conductor will progress. I'm sorry but the conductor just isn't as cool or exciting as the Witch.
- There was a lot of talk especially in the Knott's Scary Farm fans facebook group last year about the connection between the "Invitation to Terror" show and what could be occupying the venue next year. The story definitely leaves a lot to be desired there and could make for a fantastic maze revolving around Futuretronics and it's lore with Calico and the book which, may I add, was put in the finale of Origins last year. Now that I'm thinking about it, this makes me more excited and hopeful for the ML maze.
- I'm also very excited for the opportunity to have a theme not connected to the rest of the park in GR3. Paranormal was phenomenal and innovative, whatever replaces it better be good, I really hope. Here are some themes I would be so down for:
Vampires, Shakespeare or literature based, Ancient ish historical theme (Aztec, mummies, Egypt, Rome, etc), D&D-like fantasy based.
- As cool as Mesmer was, it wasn't really scary. I want a SCARY maze, you know? One that will make me come out genuinely frightened, or intimidated in the maze, instead of being excited as to how "cool" it is. Which won't be easy.
- The Hanging pls lol

Please keep in mind, this forum is likely to include spoilers so if you're strong enough to wait until the announcements, avert your eyes now! That being said, I have been checking daily to see if the forum is up or not so I'm so excited to get started!

Here are some of my thoughts and speculations as of now:
- I have talked to someone who does not work at the event anymore but knows everything for this year. So it's out there. The one thing they told me is that Carnevil will be getting a wardrobe update to better match Mesmer out in the zone which sounds awesome!
- I really hope for a new maze in both Mystery Lodge and GhostRider 3. It seems they could be on track to start ML construction in mid June and have GR3 done by then. Wax Works was finished mid-May so judging by the photos, they're not as early as that but I just hope we get 2 new mazes. If we get one, I'll still be happy and they will make up for it in some other department like they did last year, but I'm still hoping for 2, we'll just have to keep our eyes peeled.
- If we get a ML maze this year, I speculate it will be Pumpkin Eater and Dark Entities' final year. Dark Ride is older than DE but I think they'll keep it around longer.
- I hope we get the return of the announcement event as well as the midsummer scream panel. The videos were great but there's nothing like that pre-season hype show with a ton of Scary Farm fans!
- I'm curious how the dynamic between the 50th anniversary, the green witch, and the conductor will progress. I'm sorry but the conductor just isn't as cool or exciting as the Witch.
- There was a lot of talk especially in the Knott's Scary Farm fans facebook group last year about the connection between the "Invitation to Terror" show and what could be occupying the venue next year. The story definitely leaves a lot to be desired there and could make for a fantastic maze revolving around Futuretronics and it's lore with Calico and the book which, may I add, was put in the finale of Origins last year. Now that I'm thinking about it, this makes me more excited and hopeful for the ML maze.
- I'm also very excited for the opportunity to have a theme not connected to the rest of the park in GR3. Paranormal was phenomenal and innovative, whatever replaces it better be good, I really hope. Here are some themes I would be so down for:
Vampires, Shakespeare or literature based, Ancient ish historical theme (Aztec, mummies, Egypt, Rome, etc), D&D-like fantasy based.
- As cool as Mesmer was, it wasn't really scary. I want a SCARY maze, you know? One that will make me come out genuinely frightened, or intimidated in the maze, instead of being excited as to how "cool" it is. Which won't be easy.
- The Hanging pls lol

I expect the Gore-ing 20's area to be expanded this year as well. Can't really speak on much else, but I'm sure we'll get the announcement that this will be the final year for one or two of the existing mazes. Hope everyone who missed out last year are able to get passes this year.

Reactions: Tobias
I expect the Gore-ing 20's area to be expanded this year as well. Can't really speak on much else, but I'm sure we'll get the announcement that this will be the final year for one or two of the existing mazes. Hope everyone who missed out last year are able to get passes this year.

Yeah, I can see Gore-ing 20's getting expanded since that was a lot of fun.
Now as for what mazes could have their final year, I honestly don't think Pumpkin Eater is one of them. Last year they changed up the last 3rd of the maze, I don't think they'd do that for a maze only to take the whole thing down afterwards.

As for the ones which could go, Dark Entities is one of them since I don't think it's gotten any notable refreshes and it consistently had a very short line. Dark Ride is another since it didn't get any refreshes last year and it's one of the oldest mazes in the lineup. And the other one is The Depths, since that one I did hear they were looking at/deciding whether or not to keep it. Those are the three I feel most likely to have a swan song year.

I'd have to assume they'll be waiting on KSF50, because of the year pause right? It's what Orlando did with HHN, I'd have to think Knotts would do something similar. Looking to go for this event on the Saturday that I'm in LA, so I'm excited.

Yeah, I can see Gore-ing 20's getting expanded since that was a lot of fun.
Now as for what mazes could have their final year, I honestly don't think Pumpkin Eater is one of them. Last year they changed up the last 3rd of the maze, I don't think they'd do that for a maze only to take the whole thing down afterwards.

As for the ones which could go, Dark Entities is one of them since I don't think it's gotten any notable refreshes and it consistently had a very short line. Dark Ride is another since it didn't get any refreshes last year and it's one of the oldest mazes in the lineup. And the other one is The Depths, since that one I did hear they were looking at/deciding whether or not to keep it. Those are the three I feel most likely to have a swan song year.

Good point on Pumpkin Eater. I have to agree with your list, too. Dark Ride has been my favorite maze they've done in a very long time so I am biased in not wanting it to leave. I also think it could stretch a few more years if given the lights out treatment, but that is just wishful thinking. Aside from that I can see (and would be ok) with any of these having one more run.

Not really a big update since this has all been up the entire time, but because we have the thread going:

Last edited:
I really hope they sell passes this year. Last year was a disappointment in that respect. If they want to make it a passholder only thing, I'll happily pay the tax, but at least communicate that's the only avenue to obtain one.

I really hope they sell passes this year. Last year was a disappointment in that respect. If they want to make it a passholder only thing, I'll happily pay the tax, but at least communicate that's the only avenue to obtain one.

They actually quietly went up last September very briefly. I just went ahead and renewed my pass then and added it on. As of right now, I’ve heard they are only available via an email renewal link that passholders should have received If they had a pass during the 2020 closure/extension.

Hopefully they pop up soon for everyone!

Last edited:
Had Covid not happened, this year would've been the 50th anniversary. Although I would really like to see two houses, I have to imagine they will probably hold back on their budget to make sure they go all-out for the 50th. Just my guess.

Work backstage near Ghostrider continues. I think this is the first we’ve heard about anything happening over at the Mystery Lodge location as well.

That's a pretty sizable section they're building in the front of the warehouse, gut feeling says it might be an exit, but we'll have to wait and see.

It's also pretty exciting hearing there's lumber at Mystery Lodge, if walls go up than that's a pretty easy confirmation there'll be two new mazes this year.

Reactions: Water Bottle
Any speculation what kind of maze would go at the Mystery Lodge? Would they make any connection to the surrounding area, like they did with Origins and Mesmer?

Any speculation what kind of maze would go at the Mystery Lodge? Would they make any connection to the surrounding area, like they did with Origins and Mesmer?
Like I said in my first post, it is likely to relate to last year's show in that venue

I think it's worth mentioning that, according to the website, the 2 summer show offerings on the fiesta village stage, Bob Baker's Marionettes and the Mariachi Angelitas both run through July 4th. There is nothing anywhere on the website saying if there will be something to replace them. I just think it's odd that they have two acts just ending not even halfway through the summer with nothing after.

I mention this only because I can't help but shake the feeling this could be haunt related. If they were to put up a maze in this location I would think that would be around the time they would close it up. It's a really far-fetched idea and honestly I don't think they're putting a maze there and honestly don't even hope they do as 2 mazes is enough and they need to have quality control. It's most likely this could just be work there doing on the stage or something they haven't announced. Either way, it's kinda odd..

I think it's worth mentioning that, according to the website, the 2 summer show offerings on the fiesta village stage, Bob Baker's Marionettes and the Mariachi Angelitas both run through July 4th. There is nothing anywhere on the website saying if there will be something to replace them. I just think it's odd that they have two acts just ending not even halfway through the summer with nothing after.

I mention this only because I can't help but shake the feeling this could be haunt related. If they were to put up a maze in this location I would think that would be around the time they would close it up. It's a really far-fetched idea and honestly I don't think they're putting a maze there and honestly don't even hope they do as 2 mazes is enough and they need to have quality control. It's most likely this could just be work there doing on the stage or something they haven't announced. Either way, it's kinda odd..

We're talking about the area that had The Grudge 2, Quarantine, and Virus Z, correct? They've had amzes in Fiesta Village before so I don't rule it out.

Talent auditions have been announced:

I think it’s still probably too soon to have anything announced there. They’ve had mazes in that location in the past, but it seems they are really trying to keep them backstage or out of view from the normal park guests now. That seems to be the direction they have been going in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Water Bottle
Had Covid not happened, this year would've been the 50th anniversary
Um... no. 2023 has always been the 50th. The event's first year was 1973, NOT 1972.

As for Scary Farm 2022, the event WILL have at least TWO new mazes this year. One of them being the Paranormal Inc replacement. The other maze will be an additional maze in a NEW backstage location (Ride GhostRider, look to the right.. the maze plywood platform is visible).

Mystery Lodge is once again NOT being used for a maze this year (just what I've personally heard, but its still only May)

As for Fiesta Village's entertainment, you're reading too much into it. If they use it for Spooky or Scary Farm, it won't be touched until late July/early August. But I still wouldn't expect anything major in that spot considering the small footprint.

For those wanting to start planning their haunt season, here is the complete list of event dates...

Screenshot_20220527-221557_Chrome.jpg
You can find these listed on the scareactor audition page. Total of 26 nights

Reactions: JS610
Um... no. 2023 has always been the 50th. The event's first year was 1973, NOT 1972.

As for Scary Farm 2022, the event WILL have at least TWO new mazes this year. One of them being the Paranormal Inc replacement. The other maze will be an additional maze in a NEW backstage location (Ride GhostRider, look to the right.. the maze plywood platform is visible).

Mystery Lodge is once again NOT being used for a maze this year (just what I've personally heard, but its still only May)

As for Fiesta Village's entertainment, you're reading too much into it. If they use it for Spooky or Scary Farm, it won't be touched until late July/early August. But I still wouldn't expect anything major in that spot considering the small footprint.
Starting in 1973 means that 2022 would've been the 50th event, which is what Knott's celebrates for their anniversaries. It's why 1997 was celebrated as the 25th annual and 2012 was the 40th annual.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Starting in 1973 means that 2022 would've been the 50th event, which is what Knott's celebrates for their anniversaries. It's why 1997 was celebrated as the 25th annual and 2012 was the 40th annual.
I just know that 2022 - 1973 = 49, so it is what it is and it works. Even if it means the Green Witch defies gravity & logic. At least we're getting 2 new mazes this year & both can be seen from GhostRider

• Haha
Reactions: StopMakingSense