Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knotts Scary Farm vs Dark Harbor Queen Mary

Nov 25, 2017
Hello all. Well I’ve been discussing this with my wife and am struggling. We currently have our vacation scheduled for Oct. 21 through Oct.28.
We arrive at LAX at 830 am and are scheduled to stay the night on the Queen Mary and spend the day in Long Beach then possibly have me and the daughter do the dark harbor event that evening. The next day we go on our 5 day 4 night cruise before coming back and doing the Mickeys Halloween Party the 26th and another day at the Disneyland resort the 27th.

Our whole trip is perfectly planned and paid for minus the first day as we have the Queen Mary booked but can cancel. Me and the wife loved our last stay and adored spending time at the harbor, aquarium and all but the daughter is borderline. Now to offset the first day we thought a Halloween event would be nice for her as me and her love doing them together the wife is a definite no(tried once and never again lol).

With that said me and the daughter did KSF in 2016 and HHN Orlando last year so need to know if dark harbor will stand up or be a let down. I can book a night at the knotts hotel 3 one day tickets at knotts berry farm and get 2 Knott’s Scary Farm tickets for the same price as the Queen Mary and dark harbor. Mind you our cruise embarks from Long Beach the day after so being there is a plus but my daughter being happy trumps it. Looking for advice, which to choose. Any help

KSF has double the mazes, over a dozen rides, and 3 shows. Plus best-in-the-world scarezones! I've never been to Dark Harbor and never really had a desire to go, although it is VERY cheap (I think I saw groupons for $17! plus they have a good early entry price option). Yelp reviews and reviews from here skew towards KSF in quality, as well.