Lagoon Park | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Lagoon Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Salt lake city is the most boring place with a major airport I have ever been to. I would love to visit Lagoon but it's pretty much the only reason to visit salt lake is to drive to national parks or ski when lagoon isn't open anyways. The is itself is a wasteland lacking museums, attractions, nightlife, sports, events, etc. I do not know if the park burned a ton of money on this but I do think there is something to be encouraged for parks paying people locally to know things and make them work instead of a ton of expensive contractors. My impression was Lagoon like Knoebels was one of the few parks left that paid talented people to maintain and build their rides.
Whoa that’s a little harsh haha. It might not be your cup of tea but I wouldn’t put it the way you did.

They did build/engineer this park as they had for their last two coasters. Pretty incredible for a regional park.

Whoa that’s a little harsh haha. It might not be your cup of tea but I wouldn’t put it the way you did.

They did build/engineer this park as they had for their last two coasters. Pretty incredible for a regional park.
I visited multiple times and had a friend who lived in the area for 5 years. He just couldn't take it anymore and is a guy who is cool mostly chilling and playing video games and came back to the northeast to great success.

The only reason I would come back to salt lake is for Lagoon. It's not that salt lake is the worst city, but Denver is better in almost every way and comparable or cheaper to fly to on top of that (elitch gardens sucks)

Salt lake city is the most boring place with a major airport I have ever been to. I would love to visit Lagoon but it's pretty much the only reason to visit salt lake is to drive to national parks or ski when lagoon isn't open anyways. The is itself is a wasteland lacking museums, attractions, nightlife, sports, events, etc. I do not know if the park burned a ton of money on this but I do think there is something to be encouraged for parks paying people locally to know things and make them work instead of a ton of expensive contractors. My impression was Lagoon like Knoebels was one of the few parks left that paid talented people to maintain and build their rides.

I think that’s a pretty harsh and inaccurate read on Salt Lake City. I was there last fall and found a great number of restaurants, bars and breweries in addition to the nature stuff. I wouldn’t want to move in (mostly because of Politics) but I’d happily go back to add Lagoon to the list.

Don’t want to turn this into a travel to Salt Lake City thread, but they also have a really cool mountain coaster at Park City. There’s more to do than you think there! I think having Lagoon there as a good weekend trip would be cool!
I lived 20 years there, pretty much all of that.
A place of rare beauty but now thirsty houses everywhere

I think that’s a pretty harsh and inaccurate read on Salt Lake City. I was there last fall and found a great number of restaurants, bars and breweries in addition to the nature stuff. I wouldn’t want to move in (mostly because of Politics) but I’d happily go back to add Lagoon to the list.
Agreed, I went back last year after not going for around 20 years (have family living there). Was a short guys trip and we had a blast. Beautiful city that we enjoyed just wandering around many areas we found.

Reactions: Jake S
I also enjoy SL,UT. :) Separate from any religious debate, the buildings in and of themselves in Temple Square are quite beautiful from an architectural point of view, as is the nearby City Creek Center. Public transportation is free in the city center. There are some good restaurants downtown, and the library is cool.

Antelope Island, with it's roaming Bision, is a lovely place to catch a sunset and get an unusual view of Lagoon.

SaltAir, while not original, is a fun call back to the set of the classic movie Carnival of Souls.

Going off the beaten path, you can see the location of The Golden Spike (where the railroads came together) and one of the first large scale earth art exhibits, Spiral Jetty.

Not to mention Logan, UT being both the home of S&S Worldwide and Crumbl cookies. Or Fry Sauce. :yum

Last edited:
Reactions: alomar and Jake S