Land vs. World? | Inside Universal Forums

Land vs. World?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 27, 2018
I absolutely love the Magic Kinddom. I've been there well over 100 times.

I've never been to Disneyland and I get that it's the ultimate heresy to not visit the original place that Mr. Disney created.

Which is better? My absolute favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion. I'm afraid the land won't deliver on my expectations.

I'm also concerned that it's considered a "locals" park and the experience will be less than desirable.

When just comparing Disneyland to Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is the better park. The charm, number of attractions (more than MK), Walt's history. there's just a feeling unique to Anaheim not replicated anywhere else. But comparing resorts as a whole then WDW has the much better Disney bubble.

I also prefer DCA over DAK and DHS, though that's my personal preference.

Disneyland is way better. Once you get over the size of the castle, everything about it is better.

Reactions: jtsalien
Disneyland is my third favorite park (behind Tokyo DisneySea and Tokyo DL). It's an incredible experience, and will make you wonder how the resort crams so many rides into such a small space.

With that being said, if you're looking for the "total package", Disneyland lacks the resort feel you get in Orlando.

Hate to be more bias towards my park, but DLR is totally better. Like what everyone else said, it has the charm, the history, the quantity, the quality, in many cases, the better rides....it’s great.

At least, IMO...

RSR >>>TT
GotG: MB >>> ToT (More thrilling)
DL PotC >>> WDW PotC
Indy >>> Dinosaur
DL HM >>> WDW HM (Hatbox)
DL BTMR >>> WDW BTMR
DL Space >>> WDW Space
Grizzly >>> Khali
DL Buzz >>> WDW Buzz

I will give WDW for their Splash over ours and their RnR for our IncrediCoaster. Also you guys still have the PeopleMover so I envy you there. lol

I love WDW, but it’s sooooo spread out it consumes your time. It takes forever to get from ride to ride. AK is probably my favorite WDW Park.

Of course, if I was on TPR, I would be forced to say WDW. Otherwise, I would be called an “obnoxious DL fanboy” and banned from there. lol

I absolutely love the Magic Kinddom. I've been there well over 100 times.

I've never been to Disneyland and I get that it's the ultimate heresy to not visit the original place that Mr. Disney created.

Which is better? My absolute favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion. I'm afraid the land won't deliver on my expectations.

I'm also concerned that it's considered a "locals" park and the experience will be less than desirable.
Imagine all of your favorite things about Disneyland being fractured/separated/ and charged separate admission...Then add some Food and Beverage festivals, Alligators, and a hurricane...That's what you're missing

Hate to be more bias towards my park, but DLR is totally better. Like what everyone else said, it has the charm, the history, the quantity, the quality, in many cases, the better rides....it’s great.

At least, IMO...

RSR >>>TT
DL PotC >>> WDW PotC
Indy >>> Dinosaur
DL BTMR >>> WDW BTMR
DL Space >>> WDW Space
Grizzly >>> Khali
DL Buzz >>> WDW Buzz

I will give WDW for their Splash over ours and their RnR for our IncrediCoaster. Also you guys still have the PeopleMover so I envy you there. lol

I love WDW, but it’s sooooo spread out it consumes your time. It takes forever to get from ride to ride. AK is probably my favorite WDW Park.

Of course, if I was on TPR, I would be forced to say WDW. Otherwise, I would be called an “obnoxious DL fanboy” and banned from there. lol

Yeah MK has the castle, Splash, TTA, anddddddd... That's it :lol:

There are things that make WDW different. Some ways better... Many worse. But park-to-park Disneyland vs MK isn't even debatable.

Reactions: Freak
Yeah MK has the castle, Splash, TTA, anddddddd... That's it :lol:

There are things that make WDW different. Some ways better... Many worse. But park-to-park Disneyland vs MK isn't even debatable.
I really love Animal Kingdom. It’s my favorite park at WDW and second favorite in Orlando (IoA being first). While there aren’t a ton of rides there, the theming is great and they have some solid rides (Everest, FoP, and Dinosaur). That park offers more unique stuff that DLR doesn’t offer. MK is nice but I’m more “eh” on it having DL in my backyard.

I really love Animal Kingdom. It’s my favorite park at WDW and second favorite in Orlando (IoA being first). While there aren’t a ton of rides there, the theming is great and they have some solid rides (Everest, FoP, and Dinosaur). That park offers more unique stuff that DLR doesn’t offer. MK is nice but I’m more “eh” on it having DL in my backyard.

Right. It's Animal Kingdom and Epcot that make the World vacation rival the value and enjoyment you get out of Land. It's understandable, but a shame that none of the WDW parks are (or probably ever will be) as fleshed out as Land. Properly developed, Animal Kingdom could rival DL and Disney Sea. But alas...

At least, IMO...

RSR >>>TT
DL PotC >>> WDW PotC
Indy >>> Dinosaur
DL BTMR >>> WDW BTMR
DL Space >>> WDW Space
Grizzly >>> Khali
DL Buzz >>> WDW Buzz

I agree with most of this. The most glaring DL > WDW attractions superiority are POTC & Space Mountain if just comparing apples to apples. Indy remains my favorite ride to this day at ANY park. I've actually grown to enjoy HM a bit more at WDW due to it being a longer ride. Don't really notice much difference between BTMRs. WDW Splash is vastly superior to DLs.

The Fantasyland dark rides at DL are national treasures.

Also, I loved California Screamin (now IncrediCoaster). The coaster itself is one of my favorites anywhere....we'll see how the theming & soundtrack affect it positively or negatively.

Reactions: Andysol
I agree with most of this. The most glaring DL > WDW attractions superiority are POTC & Space Mountain if just comparing apples to apples. Indy remains my favorite ride to this day at ANY park. I've actually grown to enjoy HM a bit more at WDW due to it being a longer ride. Don't really notice much difference between BTMRs. WDW Splash is vastly superior to DLs.

The Fantasyland dark rides at DL are national treasures.

Also, I loved California Screamin (now IncrediCoaster). The coaster itself is one of my favorites anywhere....we'll see how the theming & soundtrack affect it positively or negatively.

Mansion is definitely more of a debate than Pirates. ..... If you ignore the Holiday overlay. That's such an awesome and special experience.

If you ignore the Holiday overlay. That's such an awesome and special experience.

Hard disagree. :lol:

Can't agree on HM being better at DL, there's just more at WDW and the scope is grander.

Yea. Only thing I prefer from DL is the façade with the HM. Love that. Otherwise? WDW's version all day.

(Though the TDL version is the best in the world)

Disneyland's great, the whole resort is like UOR in size and scope with everything close by.

Can't agree on HM being better at DL, there's just more at WDW and the scope is grander.

Hard disagree. :lol:

Yea. Only thing I prefer from DL is the façade with the HM. Love that. Otherwise? WDW's version all day.

(Though the TDL version is the best in the world)
Awwww c’mon...no love for ol’ Hattie?

Otherwise, I would agree. That staircase scene with the piano eerily playing in the background is so well done. Having no Hatbox is a downer for me in that version.

Awwww c’mon...no love for ol’ Hattie?

Otherwise, I would agree. That staircase scene with the piano eerily playing in the background is so well done. Having no Hatbox is a downer for me in that version.

I haven't seen the DL version since the HBG was installed, but I'll be honest, I don't really give a crap about the HBG. It looks like a fine effect, but the ride is longer and more grand in WDW, so it gets my vote.

Park versus park Disneyland hands down. It has so many special touches to it, more attractions, and better versions of attractions.
It's an experience so different from MK.

The only true 'betters' at MK are: spacing...paths are wider. Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion are better versions; Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, and the Peoplemover still exist in the park....and that's really about it.

The ride portion is definitely better at MK. But Disneyland also has its charms with the southern pristine facade, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Hattie. I'd say it's a draw but MK is the better Haunted Mansion vanilla experience.