Legionnaire's at Disneyland | Inside Universal Forums

Legionnaire's at Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Absolutely worse than the measles, Legionnaires disease can be really nasty.
I agree, it has a place to spread from rather than person to person contact. If this was a case of lax maintenance allowing the stacks to grow the bug could that come to WDW? The cost cutting over the last few years might translate to a systemwide issue.
Really surprised this didn't get more play when it first broke then to have TDA close the stacks again on their own (not ordered by the Health Department) seems they have a bigger problem than was determined at first.

I agree, it has a place to spread from rather than person to person contact. If this was a case of lax maintenance allowing the stacks to grow the bug could that come to WDW? The cost cutting over the last few years might translate to a systemwide issue.
Really surprised this didn't get more play when it first broke then to have TDA close the stacks again on their own (not ordered by the Health Department) seems they have a bigger problem than was determined at first.

Surprised this happened at Disney, most public serving companies have regular water checks to prevent this, well they do in the UK but I would imagine the US to be the same.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Surprised this happened at Disney, most public serving companies have regular water checks to prevent this, well they do in the UK but I would imagine the US to be the same.
I do think this came about from lesser maintenance of the cooling towers or maybe TDA didn't turn up the temperature like TDO did so they produce a better enviorment for the bug to breed.
As you say they should be tested on a regular basis and not wait for an outbreak to spur monitoring.

Reactions: UK-Trigg