Legoland California | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland California

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
From Attractions 360, Lego City Deep Sea Adventure has finally opened.

Lego City Deep Sea Adventure, is a one of a kind family attraction, submerging you under-water within mini-submarines as you see live animals around figures and theming specific to LEGO.

Reactions: Joey and JaySalahi
Land of Adventure at LEGOLAND California (2008)

In late 2007, Merlin Entertainments announced that they would be adding Lost Kingdom Adventure to their Legoland California theme park in early 2008. In April 2008, the ride officially opened to the public. Nearly one year later on March 20, 2009, Laser Raiders (a near duplicate of Lost Kingdom Adventure) opened in Legoland Windsor. Following the success of the two rides, Merlin Entertainments signed a deal in 2011 with Sally Corporation to bring Lost Kingdom Adventure to both Legoland Florida and Legoland Malaysia. The two attractions opened on October 15, 2011, and September 15, 2012, respectively. All of these installations featured animatronics by Sally Corporation and ride systems by Bertazzon Rides.

In 2012, it was announced that Legoland Deutschland would be receiving a duplicate of the ride for 2013. The ride officially opened at the start of the 2013 season on March 23. The animatronics and ride system were provided by Mack Rides. Another clone opened at Legoland Billund under the name: The Temple for the 2010 season

LEGOLAND California Water Park Television Commercial (2010)

This is a water park area in Legoland California. Construction began in September 2009. It opened on May 28, 2010. It is located next to the buildings in Fun Town. It is the first Legoland to feature a waterpark. It is not possible to buy a separate admission ticket solely for the water park. Legoland Water Park opened in Florida 2 years later. A Legends of Chima expansion opened in early July in 2014.

YO

Apparently plans leaked for a haunted house-themed Vekoma Madhouse coming to Legoland CA 2023!

I'm excited considering that they're surprisingly fun rides and they're very rare in America. I'm thrilled to see that SoCal will be getting one. I believe this will be only the third one in the entire Western Hemisphere.

I've been on Hex at Alton Towers, the one at Parc Asterix, and Houdini at Rainbow Magicland (Hex being the strongest of the three). While this won't be the greatest ride ever, it will be a fun and unique experience for the SoCal market. This may finally get my butt back to Legoland.

Now if only they would invest in a big family coaster. Something like Pegasus Express at Parc Asterix in France would be a perfect fit for the park.

Reactions: queenmetroid
These are such fun rides! My old home park (Great Adventure) has one and I'm shocked that 23 years later there aren't any others in the US besides that one and SFNE.

I hope they're planning on adding one here in Legoland Florida too...

The version in the UK looks really fun and perfect fit for Legoland:

No... but this is the current plan...

Potential new Peppa Pig Theme Park and New Guest Parking Structure too.

SoCal getting another indoor coaster? Crazy! Might have to go next year but find a way to not make it look weird for me. :p

Shame the Madhouse got scrapped. Maybe Knotts could do one.

^I've been thinking forever that Knott's would be perfect for a Madhouse. It's family friendly, a unique attraction on the west coast, doesn't take up much space, affordable (compared to a new coaster, at least), and could easily be themed to be a new take on their old Haunted Shack attraction. It's practically a no-brianer for them.

Getting back to Legoland, haven't been a while since there hasn't been anything super new, but this would do it for me! And no shame in going alone as an adult. While most of the rides are geared for kids, the Miniland is incredible for all ages. And I never have been on their submarine ride.

Other than in August 2020 when they opened up Miniland during the pandemic, I haven’t been back since 2017 when they were building the submarine ride. Even the new Lego Movie World land was not enough to get me back to the park since my kids have pretty much outgrown the park. Sad to see Driving School and Junior Driving School go but may have to make a trip back for nostalgia sake.

Also, it’s been awhile since they’ve had the no adults without children policy so no shame in adults going without kids. Legos are pretty much a part of everyone’s childhood. I still have thousands of dollars of Lego sets around my house although none are from when I was a kid.

Concept art for the new land: Legoland California is getting a new space-themed coaster -- but not until 2025

So while everyone is preoccupied with this 2025 project, nobody has mentioned the NEW land that took over Safari & Fairytale Brook..

1000009347.jpg
1000009345.jpg
Can't go wrong with a Dino themed land. It's a cohesive revamp of existing(?) rides.

Also coming this summer
1000009349.jpg

And the park itself is celebrating its 25th anniversary complete with a LEGO birthday cake! So while it isn't the rumored/scrapped haunted house ride we were all hoping for, at least they're giving guests something before their 2025 addition.

Maybe we'll get lucky & the haunted house ride will get added in 2026..

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Dino Valley has officially opened... :eyes:

- Boat ride looks like Jurassic when all the animatronics & water effects don't work lol.. also, I do have to nitpick the "neck up" dinos NOT being in water or elevated in some way to mimic height. It looks like their body is buried. *sigh*

- Jeep ride. Looks faster than I'd expected lol

It's a decent revamped area. Kids will enjoy it, but it definitely seems like they didn't put a lot of effort into this.