Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

LionsGate (Hunger Games) Theme Park (Atlanta )

Nothing screams "family fun theme park" and "immersive world I'd like to visit" like post-apocalyptic America where children are annually forced to fight to the death and work as slaves! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, who would want to visit Panem? This seems poorly conceived.

One thing that bothers me about this is that the Hunger Games could have made a decent standalone attraction. It could have been some form of IJSS-esque stunt show, or something similar to Terminator 2 3-D. But an "immersive land"-type thing, with a rollercoaster and simulator both "touring Panem" is just such a poorly thought out idea. I can't imagine this park being that successful, especially when the rest of the IPs mentioned sound weak. (Divergent? Now You See Me? Twilight???)

It feels like Lionsgate is trying to emulate the success of WWOHP, as well as the upcoming Avatar and Star Wars Lands. If you've got big money movie franchises, why not make a buck, right? Of course, none of these have enough staying power for theme park attractions, but I highly doubt this gets built anyway, so....

Says it right in article. It's been a hard sell and they did reach out to other theme parks for it. Probably why they settled with some random theme park in Atlanta.

The biggest WTF is that they're gonna try to get Twilight attractions built.

I was an extra in the second Hunger games and production assistant on the last two Divergent movies. Maybe they just want to put all those set pieces to good use since they're all in Atlanta lol. Sounds very odd. All these IP's that just don't seem like they'll matter in few years. The last Divergent was flop and they drastically cut the budget for the newest one. None of this makes sense. "Now you see me" and "Twilight" attractions? Come on now...

Looks like it will just be apart of a larger theme park, but still... I don't see this ever actually getting built.