Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Unveils Newly Renovated Rooms | Inside Universal Forums

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Unveils Newly Renovated Rooms

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The rooms look great now! I am glad they did this. I stayed at the Portofino just once, back in 2011, and I honestly wasn't very impressed with the room. Especially being the most expensive of the on-site hotels, it was a bit disappointing back then. So this is great to see! Gotta love the way Uni is pushing the whole resort to the next level :thumbs:

We love the Portofino. Just booked yesterday for Sept. 22nd through Oct. 4th. It's even better then the Grand Floridian. Hotel resorts just don't get better. Plus Express passes. Generally we go in the Spring, but this will be our first Fall trip, so we're looking forward to trying out one or two horror nights.

I am staying there next weekend. I got an email offering great rates for AP holders and I was planning on seeing All American Rejects Sat., and on Sun. Brit Floyd, Pink Floyd Tribute Band, is playing at Hard Rock Live. But something really cool came up. My company (Brighthouse), rents out a Universal Park one night a year for the 4500 local employees. This year they are renting out IOA the same night I was planning on seeing All American Rejects. 6 hours in the park with less than 5000 people is always cool. We don't often get a chance to hang with a lot of our co-workers and drink because of conflicting schedules, and the opportunity to do so without having to drive home will be a nice advantage.

Wow that's amazing DH! I am staying at royal pacific for the first time using aaa rate. Then right after I booked my non refundable flight universal emails me a code for 30 or 40% off I could of stayed another night for only 38 bucks more

I am staying there next weekend. I got an email offering great rates for AP holders and I was planning on seeing All American Rejects Sat., and on Sun. Brit Floyd, Pink Floyd Tribute Band, is playing at Hard Rock Live. But something really cool came up. My company (Brighthouse), rents out a Universal Park one night a year for the 4500 local employees. This year they are renting out IOA the same night I was planning on seeing All American Rejects. 6 hours in the park with less than 5000 people is always cool. We don't often get a chance to hang with a lot of our co-workers and drink because of conflicting schedules, and the opportunity to do so without having to drive home will be a nice advantage.

That's gonna be a hell of a fun weekend, Dave! :cheers:
I'll :wave: at you that Sunday! BTW, the Brit Floyd show is really under sold :look: I wonder where the Pink Floyd fans are... It's not even that expensive! Whenever Classic Albums Live puts on a Floyd show, they always get big crowds.

Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, did you get a special promotion price or the same you'd get with the APH code? PM me if you want. I was actually looking at staying that weekend because of Brit Floyd, but prices don't go down till that Sunday night, so I ended up deciding against staying Saturday night with the family. Maybe it's better down the road anyways, as it'd be sweet to have Express once TF opens :sneaky:

I got a special promo. It came in an email. I clicked on it, and booked. So I don't know the promo code.
'
I'll do a a "Resort Photo Report" when I get back.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Is Loews under a management contract or do they only own the property built on top of the land? Why wouldn't the lien be charged to them? Does anone else have more info on this?