Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Loki (Disney+)

I gotta admit, it's kind of amazing to see Loki coming out in such a quick rate (especially as rumor has it that they're already working on Season 2 for this show). Consider me excited for this one; more-so than Wandavision or Falcon (even if they look amazing in their own right).

It seems as if this show may have already been renewed for a second season. In the article about Feige's Star Wars movie, it mentions that "Besides writing this new Star Wars film, the deal also is expected to bring back Waldron in some capacity for Season 2 of Loki". The deal they are talking about is an overall deal that writer Michael Waldron has signed with Disney that will see him getting work with any segment under the Disney umbrella.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what we’re getting with WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk, but this one I don’t have much of a clue. It’s great news that it already got picked up for a second season.

I wonder if the release date for this show will move up by a few weeks now that Black Widow moved back to July 9th?

I wonder if the release date for this show will move up by a few weeks now that Black Widow moved back to July 9th?

I doubt it. The reason they pushed it to June was because they needed more time to complete it. Granted, there's always a chance they put a rush on it and move it back to May but I don't think they will.

Great trailer, although all i'm seeing is Owen Wilson with a mustache when I look at his character. Hopefully I can get over that.

Last edited:
As much as I loved Wandavision, I think I'm doubly excited for this. The weirder and wackier the Marvel stories get, the more I'm in.

As much as I loved Wandavision, I think I'm doubly excited for this. The weirder and wackier the Marvel stories get, the more I'm in.
Yeah, I really enjoyed WandaVision because of how different it was and i'm just as excited for this for the same reason. We know what to expect out of a Marvel movie, but I think the shows are their chance to really break away from that typical Marvel formula and experiment.

Yeah, I really enjoyed WandaVision because of how different it was and i'm just as excited for this for the same reason. We know what to expect out of a Marvel movie, but I think the shows are their chance to really break away from that typical Marvel formula and experiment.

Exactly. I typically enjoy the Marvel films but they do have a habit of boiling down to the usual string of superhero tropes and storylines and beats. Whereas in short run series they can really stray from a condensed three act structure and give us a lot more time and smaller moments with these characters. I'm not a comic book reader but this feels like a more authentic approach to some of these stories.

Wandavision could have been a movie, sure, but it would have robbed us of the smaller moments that I really loved in the first few episodes as we transitioned through the sitcom ages.

Disney+ is making their first major change to their release schedule. Loki will release on Wednesdays. The release date has been moved up to June 9th now.

I feel like this is probably them making move specifically due to Marvel theatrical coming back. Loki and Black Widow were set to clash against each other with Episode 5 of Loki coming out on the same day as Black Widow. This now solves that problem. I wouldn't be surprised if Wednesday's are when all Marvel projects on Disney+ get released from now on.