Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

Dusting off this thread, but is it possible Universal could work something out so that they could expand beyond soundstages 16-24 when they expand the lower lot in that direction? @AlexanderMBush mentioned over of the state of USH thread that it could be possible they can go beyond 16-24. If they were to do that could they take out the base camp kitchen, the grey NBCU building, and stage 14? And depending on what rides they put in any lower lot expansion, is it possible Transformers could also be removed for even more space assuming they do/or what to do a ride with the more modern SCOOP ride system being used on USB Jurassic World and Ministry of Magic at EU?
I would assume universal regrets building transformers there, takes up so much space!

Dusting off this thread, but is it possible Universal could work something out so that they could expand beyond soundstages 16-24 when they expand the lower lot in that direction?
Formatting of your post aside, I'm actually going to politely say that this is a warped idea. You are asking for a lot of major studio change to happen just so the park can get a few more feet of space, when USH shines on making the most of the space they have.

look, I get it; you like making hypotheticals about everything. But I am asking you to see the reason in what you are trying to make sense on. SS16-SS24 plus the rehearsal lot and Revenge of The Mummy allows them a lot of space as it is for expansion; and there isn't even a guarantee that the next major project they are working on after P515 will be for the lower lot.

There is no sense or reason, unless you can actually explain it to me; that they absolutely need to redo James Stewart Drive, remove infastructure needed for the studio, and remove the kitchen/food facilities that they have for studios.

Formatting of your post aside, I'm actually going to politely say that this is a warped idea. You are asking for a lot of major studio change to happen just so the park can get a few more feet of space, when USH shines on making the most of the space they have.

look, I get it; you like making hypotheticals about everything. But I am asking you to see the reason in what you are trying to make sense on. SS16-SS24 plus the rehearsal lot and Revenge of The Mummy allows them a lot of space as it is for expansion; and there isn't even a guarantee that the next major project they are working on after P515 will be for the lower lot.

There is no sense or reason, unless you can actually explain it to me; that they absolutely need to redo James Stewart Drive, remove infastructure needed for the studio, and remove the kitchen/food facilities that they have for studios.
I take back what I said then. The only reason I made that point is that I partially think that depending on whatever IP/land gets built as part of the lower lot expansion could get cloned to Orlando as well where they have much more space to fully flesh it out depending on where it gets built. Like if you were to combine the Simpsons/MIB area with the plot of land behind it. Which has been speculated over on the USF future of Springfield thread. But on the flip side, this could also give USH an opportunity to give it unique attractions to stand out from UOR.

I take back what I said then. The only reason I made that point is that I partially think that depending on whatever IP/land gets built as part of the lower lot expansion could get cloned to Orlando as well where they have much more space to fully flesh it out depending on where it gets built. Like if you were to combine the Simpsons/MIB area with the plot of land behind it. Which has been speculated over on the USF future of Springfield thread. But on the flip side, this could also give USH an opportunity to give it unique attractions to stand out from UOR.
To second what @AlexanderMBush said (and to repeat myself to you again) the basecamp kitchen and so many of those facilities you mentioned are not going anywhere anytime soon for park space. The areas earmarked for park expansion in the current studio lot have been discussed and unofficially confirmed by myself and others in this thread.

I get that you want more space at the park, all of us who love USH do, but let’s be realistic about it.

Talking about change though--there is...something amiss.

From @HydraGen2299, there seems to be a series of all new metal beams protuding and being around that of the road next to Revenge of The Mummy--all at different heights and connected to a wall.

1696735751953.png

Part of me wants to think these beams are here to be reinforcing the wall for the hillside--but this is a strange circumstance that leaves me at a pause in wondering the simple question of "why?"

From @HydraGen2299, there seems to be a series of all new metal beams protuding and being around that of the road next to Revenge of The Mummy--all at different heights and connected to a wall.

View attachment 19889

Part of me wants to think these beams are here to be reinforcing the wall for the hillside--but this is a strange circumstance that leaves me at a pause in wondering the simple question of "why?"
Looks like precautionary bracing rather than something permanent.
Perhaps it's safety measure during construction of F&F unless this wall is no where near?

If it's where it sounds like, that would suggest it's to reinforce the wall while they do the F&F work. That hillside will be getting quite a bit of heavy equipment on it. Better safe than sorry.

So I've been doing a little bit of thinking about what would be an adequate replacement for the Mummy. The most-desired solution would be an new indoor roller coaster. The problem is, they need to add capacity and the lower lot is at kind of a grid lock. You need the space for a plaza to spread things out, the park needs more live entertainment, and the park needs a family coaster to make up for Mummy's loss. So what do you do? All three.

If they really wanted to maximize the space for Mummy, I think the best thing to do would be to make it a plaza where you have the Bourne Stuntacular, the queue and station for a roller coaster that would two stories to go over the van drop-off road, and then have the track go up the hill. It can also be a spinning coaster to face riders away from "problematic" areas but with no inversions so it could be our remedy for Hagrid's. And then maybe cram the Monster Make-up show.

Boom. We get two more shows, a proper replacement for Mummy, space is utilized on the hill that wouldn't have otherwise be used, and capacity/breathing room has been added. Everyone's happy.

So I've been doing a little bit of thinking about what would be an adequate replacement for the Mummy. The most-desired solution would be an new indoor roller coaster. The problem is, they need to add capacity and the lower lot is at kind of a grid lock. You need the space for a plaza to spread things out, the park needs more live entertainment, and the park needs a family coaster to make up for Mummy's loss. So what do you do? All three.

If they really wanted to maximize the space for Mummy, I think the best thing to do would be to make it a plaza where you have the Bourne Stuntacular, the queue and station for a roller coaster that would two stories to go over the van drop-off road, and then have the track go up the hill. It can also be a spinning coaster to face riders away from "problematic" areas but with no inversions so it could be our remedy for Hagrid's. And then maybe cram the Monster Make-up show.

Boom. We get two more shows, a proper replacement for Mummy, space is utilized on the hill that wouldn't have otherwise be used, and capacity/breathing room has been added. Everyone's happy.

So your suggesting for the coaster--that they could go with something like say--Lightning Rod? Something purposefully made with the prospect of limited capacity in mind, but also being able to work for the sake of that area.

So your suggesting for the coaster--that they could go with something like say--Lightning Rod? Something purposefully made with the prospect of limited capacity in mind, but also being able to work for the sake of that area.
Eh....kinda? I was thinking more like an uphill Hagrids. Maybe Helix at Leisenberg but with a Hagrid's swing launch and a drop track somewhere. There would be plenty of uphill launches that's for sure.

Another option would be to have a family coaster themed to some Nintendo IP in the expansion plot behind SNW. USH needs all the space it can get so I imagine that they want to use the plot of land that was meant or thought to be for DK. They would have to get creative to fit one in with decent capacity though. USH would get a family coaster and have a Nintendo expansion that is unique from what Orlando and Osaka have.

View attachment 19889

I just saw this guys I’m sorry. I was in the park last week and these were still there and I’m still not sure what they are they have little hooks on them at first I thought it was for netting or a canopy for the coaster but like judging from construction it doesn’t even go all the way down there