Luigi Mansion/Mini Area and Shooter Attraction (Idea) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Luigi Mansion/Mini Area and Shooter Attraction (Idea)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All that's been said aside, maybe this could also be something they could do if they eventually bring Nintendo to the regional parks?

I know I'm late to this, but similar to how @Magic-Man brought up a small counterpoint, this probably comes as no surprise (and probably my own slight personal bias if my icon and sig are anything), but I'd also almost argue that Kirby is right behind Zelda/Pokemon considering his franchise regularly gets new games just like the other three and gets a decent amount of licensed merch. Not to mention the existence of Kirby Cafe in Japan.

That being said, given it's a lineage/priority thing, I'm well aware seeing anything Kirby at Universal would be a long shot as it stands now, though the closest was defintely the CityWalk event promoting Kirby and The Forgotten Land (and it became the best selling Kirby game to date). Maybe if nothing else they can find a way to bring Kirby Cafe to the states somehow.

Hope that didn't derail things. Just wanted to weigh in on the scope of Nintendo being a collection of IPs.
I wouldn't rule out Kirby for something, but just like Yoshi, Kirby is a cute character that, if ever got more than a restaurant named after him, would only get some sort of small attraction at best. Anything can happen, but Kirby is a much bigger candidate to just be used for merchandising/plush than anything else imo.

Once you get outside the titans that are Mario and Pokémon in terms of recognizable characters and brands, I'd think Kirby would stand out from Nintendo's remaining IPs in something people could recognize just cause the character has a very memorable look.

In that old 2015 pitch to put Nintendo in Kidzone there was a small kids area they marked for Kirby, which shows they were at least thinking about Kirby even if it would go for a smaller experience.

Reactions: BriefCasey
All that's been said aside, maybe this could also be something they could do if they eventually bring Nintendo to the regional parks?

I know I'm late to this, but similar to how @Magic-Man brought up a small counterpoint, this probably comes as no surprise (and probably my own slight personal bias if my icon and sig are anything), but I'd also almost argue that Kirby is right behind Zelda/Pokemon considering his franchise regularly gets new games just like the other three and gets a decent amount of licensed merch. Not to mention the existence of Kirby Cafe in Japan.

That being said, given it's a lineage/priority thing, I'm well aware seeing anything Kirby at Universal would be a long shot as it stands now, though the closest was defintely the CityWalk event promoting Kirby and The Forgotten Land (and it became the best selling Kirby game to date). Maybe if nothing else they can find a way to bring Kirby Cafe to the states somehow.

Hope that didn't derail things. Just wanted to weigh in on the scope of Nintendo being a collection of IPs.
Kirby has for sure become a bigger icon...started with Super Smash and moved into him getting like 2 games every year....you don't make 2 games a year if people don't care for the characters

Reactions: BriefCasey