Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lyft Transportation around the Parks

JunoSynth

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Castle Rock, CO
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't find a thread on it.

Do Lyft Drivers take you from your hotel (Cabana Bay) to a Disney Park?

Thanks.

Yes. I exclusively took Lyft (minus my friends giving me rides) around I Drive and UOR my last trip.

Thanks man. I got a rental with insurance for the week and it cost me $400 and I'm not even using it! Im thinking of returning it today and just using LYFT for the rest of the week. Also I'll prob just use Lyft for now on since I stay on property and mostly just do universal stuff.

Never heard of Lyft, I guess it's an alternative to Uber?
Yes it is a competitor bankrolled by Alphabet (Google) and :

Lyft is clearly the smaller of the two companies, operating in 65 cities in the United States only, while Uber covers 250 cities worldwide. Marc Andreessen, founder of Netscape, has a fractious history of public feuds with Icahn, but he poured $60 million into Lyft through his firm Andreessen Horowitz LLC. A major investor in Andreessen's firm is former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, who a few years ago promised to destroy the yellow cab business in New York City. In early 2015, Lyft also raised over $500 million in funding from a Japanese venture capital firm.

Meanwhile, there is another facet of the rivalry between Uber and Lyft. As China pushes aggressively to grow Didi Kuaidi, its own dominant ridesharing service, against inroads in China from Uber, it is investing in Lyft. Alibaba, Tencent, and Softbank Capital have also piled in, joining the anti-Uber alliance.

Same poor business model as UBER without the management faux pas but neither is expected to survive long term

Same poor business model as UBER without the management faux pas but neither is expected to survive long term
Cannot agree with you at all here. If these services aren't lasting long term than the yellow cabs must already be a thing of the past because nobody uses those anymore.

Just look at the UOR pickup/dropoff area at the end of the night, any day of the week. It's filled with people just sitting there waiting for some random stranger with 4.7 stars to come pick them up.

Cannot agree with you at all here. If these services aren't lasting long term than the yellow cabs must already be a thing of the past because nobody uses those anymore.

Just look at the UOR pickup/dropoff area at the end of the night, any day of the week. It's filled with people just sitting there waiting for some random stranger with 4.7 stars to come pick them up.
Yellow cabs make money for the company, UBER and Lyft do not

I really like Uber,

Haven't used it loads but when I have I have found it affordable, convenient, prompt and the drivers have been both friendly and professional. I recently used it at DLP, the driver rocked up in a suit and tie gave us bottles of water and he had USB chargers in the back for a quick charge, only small things but they go along way to making a regular service that bit more personal.

Such a shame London doesn't view it this way.

Fun fact....

Whilst in Dubai my daughter Uber'd a chopper.

I really like Uber,

Haven't used it loads but when I have I have found it affordable, convenient, prompt and the drivers have been both friendly and professional. I recently used it at DLP, the driver rocked up in a suit and tie gave us bottles of water and he had USB chargers in the back for a quick charge, only small things but they go along way to making a regular service that bit more personal.

Such a shame London doesn't view it this way.

Fun fact....

Whilst in Dubai my daughter Uber'd a chopper.

I haven't used Uber yet but I like Lyft's little app. It shows you all the cars driving around on a map and how far are they are from you for the pickup.

I haven't used Uber yet but I like Lyft's little app. It shows you all the cars driving around on a map and how far are they are from you for the pickup.

Opposite for me, I haven't used Lyft but from what I understand they are pretty much the same. Maybe Ill give lift a shot next time I need a ride to MCO :).

I believe the Disney "Minnie Van" service uses Lyft's technology.

There are still tons of taxis on the roads here around Orlando even with Lyft and Uber. Mears has a contract with Disney for Taxi service with a pickup/dropoff area restricted to their use.

Heh guys, a transportation question, but a little off topic. A friend's father, who just retired as a Pittsburgh area Port Authority bus driver, is moving to Winter Haven next month. He wants to get a post retirement job as a Disney bus driver. Anyone have any input on whether there is WDW openings, pay rates etc.? .....Thanks.

Thanks guys. I saw the bilingual preference. Does that really matter? I doubt he's bilingual. Hardly anyone up here is.
As @GAcoaster posted, if you have a pulse you can drive for them. Look at the requirements in the job posting. No mention of experience driving a bus. That kinda shoots you to the top of the list.