Mad T Party replacing ElecTRONica | Inside Universal Forums

Mad T Party replacing ElecTRONica

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From Disney Parks Blog

ElecTRONica
is still powering up the nights at Disney California Adventure park into the spring, and soon guests will be able to experience an all-new nighttime family celebration when Mad T Party starts to stir up fun in summer 2012!
This psychedelic soiree will be filled with surprises and new takes on some familiar characters from the world of Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland.” Join us for a party like no other as you fall into the rabbit hole and land in a wild and whimsical world where up is down, this is that and nothing is what it seems. A live band, unique entertainment, fun-filled games and plenty of dancing all await guests seeking an escape into a bright and vivid alternate reality.
Throughout the Mad T Party, we will “tip our hats” to the world of Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland” with wild and fabulous imagery and imagination. Familiar faces will be re-imagined in fresh, new ways, all combining to immerse guests in a captivating world that’s filled with exclusive signature foods, beverages and merchandise offerings.
So get ready to step through the rabbit hole and into Mad T Party at Disney California Adventure park, coming summer 2012!

I was literally on my way to post this. You are too fast BriMan!

Not sure about this. elecTRONica only slightly worked because of its ties with the Tron: Legacy soundtrack and rave-esque atmosphere. Not sure how that's going to translate to the boring Burton adaptation, but I'm sure it will be bright, vibrant, and have alcohol.

Yea....

ElecTRONica was interesting for the TRON aspects. This just looks baffling and not really coherent with the rest of the park.

But whatever, could be fun.

I would have killed to see ElecTRONica, if only for Laserman and Flynn's.

But this, I am going to stay very far away from.....:bolt:

ElecTRONica was a blast and Laserman had to be seen to be believed. They really transform that part of the park into an incredible party atmosphere. I trust that they'll do as good a job with Mad T Party.

I'll only go if somebody does this live on stage...

[video=youtube;6dosfiJdr0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dosfiJdr0g&feature=related[/video]

God, what a horrible film.

Soooo, does this mean ElecTRONica can come to EPCOT so us on the east coast can jam to Daft Punk! :pray:

And.........have fun with an entire entertainment event with the annoying music of Danny Elfman.

Soooo, does this mean ElecTRONica can come to EPCOT so us on the east coast can jam to Daft Punk! :pray:

And.........have fun with an entire entertainment event with the annoying music of Danny Elfman.

You know, one of my complaints about elecTRONica was that there wasn't nearly enough Daft Punk being played. It was more of a modern pop club atmosphere (Rihanna, Katy Perry, etc.).

And now that elecTRONica is going, going... and the new 20's/30's atmosphere is going in, I'd really rather scrap the party zone as it is and switch it to an old Hollywood era party at night. Sort of like an Adventure's Club but with old movie stars roaming the "backlot party". Sort of like what they do at Hearst Castle party nights.

Last edited:

I don't care where they put it, but I demand a Flynn's Arcade. I demand it!

What I really dislike about ElecTRONica, and I believe will be the same for Mad T Party, is that the signs and props and stuff are there all the time.

Stupid, I didn't really care for electronica and thought it was all just overkill. It felt odd and out of place, but at the same time some people did enjoy it sooo I can see the other side of the argument. Please just keep that crap in Cali!

elecTRONica was good for what it was... a little distraction from all the construction (remember the stage used to be in the main circle where the Carthay is now). But now that construction is wrapping up... why keep it going with the Mad Tea Party? They're just trying to hide the fact that the Hollywood section is a shell of what it should have been. They have not one, but two big empty soundstages, MuppetVision 3-D, and the Monster's Inc overlay hogging up prime real estate that they can't afford to upgrade right now.

They honestly should just keep elecTRONica. Rave/EDM scene is huge over in California... It's also a smart move and great market research by Disney. "Wonderland" Is the number one most overused name/theme for raves ever... One of the biggest events held by those responsible for the biggest rave in the US (The Electric Daisy Carnival) also hold a wonderland event.

Only thing that doesnt make this golden is the fact that the most recent incarnation of wonderland by Disney is a fail... And that disney is dipping their hand in that scene in the first place...

From Disney Parks Blog

Beginning June 15, Disney California Adventure park guests will be invited to step through the Rabbit Hole and into an all-new fantastical world filled with music, games, dancing and fun for whole family!

mtp118932SMALL.jpg

At the Mad T Party, you’ll be able to party the night away with a wild and wonderful cast of characters. Would you like to meet them? I thought you might!
First of all, there’s our very own Mad T Party Band …

ban228942SMALL.jpg

… which provides the most awesome array of party tune favorites. Each member of the band, inspired by a character from the film, has his or her own superlative sense of style!
Here’s our lineup:
Mad Hatter – the host with a hat … and a voice to “TOP” it all off!
March Hare – pumpin’ up the bass!
Dormouse – rockin’ out on lead guitar!
Caterpillar – jammin’ on the keys!
Cheshire Cat – smiling and keepin’ a beat on the drums!
And, what would a Mad T Party be without Alice herself? Lucky for us, she “drops in” for her own special moment in the spotlight!
You’re going to love this band – they absolutely know how to get down, get “MAD” and rock the park! But there are more to meet … and more who want to meet you!

rab338194SMALL.jpg

This one knows how to keep you hoppin’ with rockin’ remixes … and all the latest party hits! Get ready to meet … the White Rabbit DJ!

twe448922SMALL.jpg

Prior to entering the Rabbit Hole, this party-loving pair will help get you ready for a night of frabjous fun! I’m talking about … Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!

dec558922SMALL.jpg

And no matter how you deal ‘em, these dancers make for a full house of shufflin’ dance floor fun at the Mad T Party! It’s the Hottest Deck in Town!

hat668932SMALL.jpg

During the day, as you make your way through the park, you might come across these helpful hosts, who will give you the latest scoop and share some secrets about the Mad T Party … the Hatters!
Believe me, there are plenty of sensational surprises in store when the Mad T Party begins June 15, 2012.
There’s lots to do before we’re ready for you!
But ready we’ll be, when it’s time for “T.”
So get ready … to go “MAD” at Disney California Adventure park this summer!

:doh: