Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think, after already teasing the project at the last D23, they need to announce something firm about it, and the easiest thing in that regard would be which IP are going in there.

I think, after already teasing the project at the last D23, they need to announce something firm about it, and the easiest thing in that regard would be which IP are going in there.
They'll be announcing a lot of stuff at D23, more than any other D23, a lot for the international parks too.
They might be able to get by with just another tease for Beyond Big Thunder Mountain, I'm sure that project will be the focal point at 2026's D23.

They'll be announcing a lot of stuff at D23, more than any other D23, a lot for the international parks too.
They might be able to get by with just another tease for Beyond Big Thunder Mountain, I'm sure that project will be the focal point at 2026's D23.
Considering the amount of infrastructure work they have to do first to prep the land, I'd imagine the best we can get this year is a confirmation of the IPs and concept art that is a bit more crystal clear on what it actually is.

Considering the amount of infrastructure work they have to do first to prep the land, I'd imagine the best we can get this year is a confirmation of the IPs and concept art that is a bit more crystal clear on what it actually is.
Agreed, I think they'll update the concept art (removing Encanto) but I think it'll still be pretty vague.
Last I heard, they haven't made a definitive decision if ROA is getting shortened or not.

Agreed, I think they'll update the concept art (removing Encanto) but I think it'll still be pretty vague.
Last I heard, they haven't made a definitive decision if ROA is getting shortened or not.
I find this hard to believe. They explicitly told us we'd be getting permits within the next few weeks. Unless they have two sets of permits ready to file...

I find this hard to believe. They explicitly told us we'd be getting permits within the next few weeks. Unless they have two sets of permits ready to file...
The permits they are filing are for water management, likely meaning to begin the process of moving a waterway.

This is the VERY EARLY stages. SWGE, Tron, GOTG, etc all had similar work to get done and it took them roughly a year or more of doing that before beginning actual construction. I’d argue given exactly how much needs to be changed here that this water management project could take even longer until the actual land construction actually begins.

Last edited:
Or after opening Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey, the ill-fated Rivers of Light, Rise of the Resistance, Smugglers Run, the ill-fated Starcruiser, Riviera, a new tower at Coronado, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog, Swirling Saucers, Tron, Ratatoille, Cosmic Rewind, a terrible Epcot firework show, then a better Epcot firework show… the pendulum was going to swing back to international sites irrespective of what Universal does. Then once the international sites get/got theirs, the pendulum has to swing back somewhere else.
I often don't understand why people say Disney does nothing since they did so much over the last 10 years. Not everything can be go go go all the time. Even with Universal we see slower development periods.

The permits they are filing are for water management, likely meaning to begin the process of moving a waterway.

This is the VERY EARLY stages. SWGE, Tron, GOTG, etc all had similar work to get done and it took them roughly a year or more of doing that before beginning actual construction. I’d argue given exactly how much needs to be changed here that this water management project could take even longer until the actual land construction actually begins.
Even Epic had that where it took forever to prep the land. It is not easy developing in Florida. Land prep takes a long time.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The Frontierland Shootin' Gallery is closing soon (expected end of May) for what is expected to be a DVC Lounge, with a possible bar/saloon accessible to all.
It was inevitable that MK would receive bar/lounges widespread, just not a fan of DVC lounges lol. With how hot the summer is getting, the parks need to start offering these to everyone.