Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've found WDWPro's thread on Magic, and I'm not convinced that he's not trolling. Or at the very least what he's saying is heavily influenced by what he thinks, not necessarily what he knows.

Because he's talking about stuff that is patently ridiculous in its wide-reaching scope. He's basically saying virtually every attraction at Magic Kingdom is in line to be changed or removed.

Ya I may have explicitly left out some context of the original post in fear of conflict. In his opinion, the review board was formed “to look at show and attraction elements that do not align with as of yet not public principles.” Which is a confusing way of saying finding stuff that is/can be viewed as culturally insensitive.

Reactions: belloq87
Martin did chime in about Country Bears, and said it is not on the docket to be closed. Presumably altered in some way, but if it wasn't still going to be the Country Bear Jamboree in some form, I would have thought he'd consider that a closing of an attraction.

Reactions: Nico
I think Hall of Presidents likely goes sooner than later. It's a pain of an attraction for them because it's a political attraction by nature and these days people aren't civil. Beyond that, they have to create a new AA every time there's a new President, which has to annoy them financially. Especially if a President only lasts 4 years...

They could always just change it to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
Yes, and a Joe Biden AA will forget all of his lines

Oh please take out Small World. I know the public loves it but I don’t get it. And talk about room to make a true E ticket in Fantasyland, that show building is gigantic.

A Tangled ride, anyone? It would compliment the restrooms right there, the movie is still popular, and it has its own tv series.

Oh please take out Small World. I know the public loves it but I don’t get it. And talk about room to make a true E ticket in Fantasyland, that show building is gigantic.

A Tangled ride, anyone? It would compliment the restrooms right there, the movie is still popular, and it has its own tv series.
It would be extremely controversial, but I wouldn't be against the removal, if only because I feel like the maintanance on the Orlando version is terrible and i've never liked our facade compared to Disneyland. It's a classic ride and i mean, we're running a slippery slope with talk of replacing pretty much everything.

However... while you mention a Tangled ride (and I agree it would fit well there), I think the best use of that space is to build on the backstage space that is for some reason unused and just a parking lot, which would open up the congested walkway. I would like to see a clone of the BatB ride from Tokyo. They're also building a Tangled boat ride. It could be possible to squeeze both in there if you use land efficiently. Now I know that that's all just a pipe dream, but I think that if we were able to get anything close to that on the Small World plot, then it would make up for the loss of IASW over time.

It would be extremely controversial, but I wouldn't be against the removal, if only because I feel like the maintanance on the Orlando version is terrible and i've never liked our facade compared to Disneyland. It's a classic ride and i mean, we're running a slippery slope with talk of replacing pretty much everything.

However... while you mention a Tangled ride (and I agree it would fit well there), I think the best use of that space is to build on the backstage space that is for some reason unused and just a parking lot, which would open up the congested walkway. I would like to see a clone of the BatB ride from Tokyo. They're also building a Tangled boat ride. It could be possible to squeeze both in there if you use land efficiently. Now I know that that's all just a pipe dream, but I think that if we were able to get anything close to that on the Small World plot, then it would make up for the loss of IASW over time.
Nope, ride, store and food. They want to make bank. Shorter smaller has been the mantra for a long time now. Too bad that prevents people eaters like GMMR and others from being built. Lot of space back there but infrastructure requirements get in the way of a rebuild and add to the cost in that location. Oh, and "nostalgia". I don't think they have the stomach to climb that mountain.

Replacing the Orlando one would be met with controversy

Replacing the Cali version would be met with fire and fury

I've always advocated for Small World and Carousel of Progress to move to EPCOT. They were designed for the World's Fair and fit the EPCOT idea. They could be updated and moved at the same time and free up a ton of space in Magic Kingdom for new attractions plus add some "Disney magic" to EPCOT that people always have complained it lacked.

The Small World show building is huge (largest in MK I think) and could easily house more attractions than just the one it houses now. If it was at DL they'd have three or four attractions in a show building of that size.

Over on Magic, @Magic Feather has -- essentially -- told people to stop worrying. A few aspects/moments of certain attractions may be changed, but wholesale alterations that fundamentally change what those attractions are are very unlikely.

So that's good!
Makes sense. Not like they have a ton of loose cash to throw around, for a good while.

I've always advocated for Small World and Carousel of Progress to move to EPCOT. They were designed for the World's Fair and fit the EPCOT idea. They could be updated and moved at the same time and free up a ton of space in Magic Kingdom for new attractions plus add some "Disney magic" to EPCOT that people always have complained it lacked.

The Small World show building is huge (largest in MK I think) and could easily house more attractions than just the one it houses now. If it was at DL they'd have three or four attractions in a show building of that size.
I agree, putting IASW in Epcot is ideally the better fit. It'll never happen, but it would be the perfect scenario for keeping the ride in some capacity and also opening up space at MK for new rides.

Both of those are so engrained into the Magic Kingdom ethos I just never see them shutting down...Only adapting

Please understand I think both of them are trash and should die.

Also, classics get a refurb pass cause they are classics....That's exactly the problem with MK right now
I would definitely be saddened if we lost CoP, but they don’t do anything to maintain or update it.

Reactions: shiekra38
Aw c'mon, it's not that bad. Not like their heads are falling off... (just their hands.)
Ursula at DCA though...

I'd be ok with losing CP.