Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Weird Al??? Man, scraping the bottom of the barrel. The Muppets idea people were inventing out of thin air sounds way better.

It's funny because my mom used to get on my case when we'd go on our trips to see this show and I'd call it the Hall of Boredom. Now it strikes me as pretty as awful that they'd remove it or retool it. I must be getting old lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
So, the old animation tour with Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite was a fantastic product, and the off-kilter chemistry of those two made an interesting, but somewhat dry subject downright magical.

At a glance, Lin and Al feels like a similar parallel, only stationed purely in the music world. If they follow the Williams/Cronkite structure, where Lin is teaching Al about the Office of the President (what it means, what it does) while throwing in some fun historical tidbits (“Taft got stuck in the bathtub? More like Taft-tub, amiright?”), and you can turn a droll history lecture into something that’s actually entertaining.

Plus, I want them to give Al a chance to parody some Disney songs.

I actually really really dig this idea.

The idea has corporate synergy, a pivot away from politics and new AAs every 4-8 years along with accomplished musicians who give their own weird energy and passion to odd areas. If it’s not the muppets, this would be a change that I can be more than happy with.

Aside from the fact that Lin has worked with Weird Al before, he has stated on numerous occasions that he's a huge fan of his so I could see Disney bringing Lin on board for this and Lin's mind coming to an idea that brought Weird Al into it.

Aside from the fact that Lin has worked with Weird Al before, he has stated on numerous occasions that he's a huge fan of his so I could see Disney bringing Lin on board for this and Lin's mind coming to an idea that brought Weird Al into it.
Well, yeah. Weird Al is the greatest lyricist of our age.

Reactions: Grabnar and awhen
If The American Adventure didn't exist, I'd probably be much more opposed to taking Hall of Presidents in an overtly comedic direction, but provided TAA stays (mostly) as it is and they can keep HOP still edutainment-y, I'm not opposed to seeing what LMM and Weird Al might come up with.

If I were in charge, since Stitch is now closed ( only sad thing about that is we will likely lose what was left of Alien Encounter), I would put up Tomorrowland Convention Center theming around that area. I imagine that wouldnt be too costly to do (ex: TCC stickers on the building's windows, etc).

I didn't notice any talk of the castle's paint job. I had seen a blurb on the news and I did not like it. In person, I really like what they did (I am not a fan of the gold portions), the colors really reflect well in the FL sun. I tried to capture a shot that shows how the blues tend to shine purple.

mkcastle.JPG

The rehab of the Liberty Belle and Tom Sawyer Island was completed almost a month ahead of schedule. The steamboat was towed back from Drydock a few nights ago and is supposed to re-open today I believe. The Orlando Sentinel has a story with a couple of great pictures of the tow job across the Seven Seas Lagoon: Disney: Liberty Belle’s move requires digging, divers, darkness

Also video from Disney:

It looks solid, if a bit boring.
It's an upgrade over the garish 90's Purple, Green and Pink that were there. My only issue with it is that the Gold makes it incredibly hard (especially in heavy sunlight i'd bet) to read the the "Magic Kingdom" and "Epcot" signage.

Reactions: Cheezbat