Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

The TTC painting is a work in progress, and I've noticed there's some trial and error with this. Things like the soda machine surrounds (one day the roofs were gold, then a day later they were blue) have already been repainted with different colors as they continue to fine tune the new color scheme. It may look a little dull, but it appears they're still deciding on a lot of the final look.

The idea that this won't be open for the park's 50th just doesn't sit right with me.
As upset as I am about the situation, it may have come down to safety concerns from unforeseen circumstances. No one at the company wants it to take this long either I’m sure. They’ve clearly run into issues.

As upset as I am about the situation, it may have come down to safety concerns from unforeseen circumstances. No one at the company wants it to take this long either I’m sure. They’ve clearly run into issues.

I was under the impression it was a side effect of slow-rolling TRON last year and this year, but if there's an actual issue that's taking more time to resolve, I have a lot more sympathy for that.

So apparently this was a thing... like I get on NYE doing this and maybe July 4th. The rest of the year though, this is Main Street USA and we don't need some 21st century DJ playing HSM telling me where to go to find the monorail, ferry and busses.

Really poor judgment and lack of understanding of what the magic kingdom is all about to have hired that guy

So apparently this was a thing... like I get on NYE doing this and maybe July 4th. The rest of the year though, this is Main Street USA and we don't need some 21st century DJ playing HSM telling me where to go to find the monorail, ferry and busses.

Seriously what is Disney doing right now??

Do they really expect, after a long exhausting day in 90 degree heat, people to make their waddle to the exit whilst being screamed at to pump it up, pump it up, pump it up/hands in the air like ya just don’t care/everybody scream/cha cha real smooth??

Do they really expect, after a long exhausting day in 90 degree heat, people to make their waddle to the exit whilst being screamed at to pump it up, pump it up, pump it up/hands in the air like ya just don’t care/everybody scream/cha cha real smooth??

It didn’t bother me as much in the moment because I was so exhausted and had to return an electric scooter, but in line for the ferry I was discussing the overall experience of being at the MK that day and to it just felt cheap and tacky honestly.

It's not even about that, it's about how it's completely out of step with Main Street USA. The gentle (but pleasant) MS USA background music that plays is what I want to hear on my way out.

(Just to make it clear for those who didn't read the BlogMickey article, they have now stopped this)

Poor guy went private on twitter and was apparently fired on the spot after this. Twitter bullied a man out of a job last night? I get that it wasn't the best fit, but man, the pile on was horrific to watch.

I don’t think online criticism was what caused it, most likely someone didn’t get some approvals for this and upper management was like “you did WHAT? You can’t just hire new entertainment without approvals.”

The harassment it seems he got is totally unacceptable.

Poor guy went private on twitter and was apparently fired on the spot after this. Twitter bullied a man out of a job last night? I get that it wasn't the best fit, but man, the pile on was horrific to watch.

No one was bullying him though (and if anyone was bullying him specifically they're losers). He should've never been hired is the point because this shouldn't have happened. Hire him to do this in Disney Springs! But this was just so out of touch and out of theme.