Mama Melrose's gets New Chef, New Menu | Inside Universal Forums

Mama Melrose's gets New Chef, New Menu

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From Disney Parks Blog

With a new chef who professes that her three favorite spices are “garlic, garlic and garlic,” Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is worth a visit to try some of the newest tastes on the menu.
Chef Beatriz Candelario most recently was chef at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and has been cooking in Walt Disney World Resort restaurants for 15 years. The new Mama Melrose seafood cioppino, created by the kitchen team with Chef Bea’s leadership, is a great example of her love of Mediterranean dishes, a mélange of fresh clams, shrimp, calamari and mussels tossed with fregola pasta in a light tomato broth. The team’s rendition of pork Milanese comes with roasted fingerling potatoes and pancetta vinaigrette – a genuine taste of rustic Italy.

Always loved that place for its food and decor. Not sure it's fair to call it overpriced when comparing it to something like the Sci-Fi Dine in. I mean, Mama's is a real restaurant...

Good to see Disney is actually paying attention to the food at DHS. Sci-Fi can't be considered food in any state in the union and Prime Time is pretty bad too, yet Brown Derby is waaaay too expensive.

We usually chose Brown Derby for dinner but also like Mama Melrose a close second. It is a place you have to go looking for though,

I hope they bring back the Penne Bolognese

We have eaten every where else and nothing else works for us for dinner , lunch maybe PIZZA PLANET oh yeah or 50's prime but never again will I suffer through sci-fi food