Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2020

Usually this week or next actually. I haven't been to a Mardi Gras in so long because the lineups haven't been my cup of tea.

Usually this week or next actually. I haven't been to a Mardi Gras in so long because the lineups haven't been my cup of tea.
Oh dope! Ya that’s fair, when we vacationed more frequently when I was in middle school/high school we always went during Mardi Gras, so that’s kinda how I know Universal haha. Also was the first time I was able to see Fall Out Boy which was dope. But don’t disagree the lineups aren’t usually anything too special

FWIW here's when they announced the concerts in the past. Usually no later than the 15th, this coming week is most likely.

Jan 8, 2020
Jan 10, 2019
Jan 9, 2018
Jan 12, 2017
Jan 5, 2016
Jan 12, 2015
Jan 15, 2014
Jan 7, 2013
Jan 12, 2012
Jan 13, 2011
Jan 12, 2010
Jan 15, 2009
Jan 6, 2008

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't realize we didn't have a Mardi Gras 2020 thread. Adjusted the first post to include the Dates Announced article and changed the title.

And yes, we should be getting something this week.

The float thing requires a bit of time investment, meaning staging before the parade. But not too bad. Met nice people.

Macklemore wouldn't surprise me simply since he's been there the past two years (although he's not on tour right now). I'd love to see The 1975, but they just toured Florida in November. Someone like Shawn Mendes or Camila Cabello (who performed Mardi Gras with Fifth Harmony) would be a big draw for younger audiences. Neither are currently on tour or are in the pre-tour stage. Daughtry is a band I could see being here as well, considering they're popular with a bit of a middle age crowd, although they're playing Flower & Garden in May, so it's probably unlikely.

I would love to see them expand the genres of music. Bring in a jam band like Wide Spread Panic and a EDM artist like Calvin Harris.
Calvin Harris I could totally see. He would draw a fairly large crowd for sure. Wide Spread Panic i'm not so sure about, but Mardi Gras always has a few of those types anyway and just because it's not up my alley doesn't mean there wouldn't be a crowd to show up.

Someone tell Universal their concert area is too small for major concerts

Fall Out Boy was the worst experience at Universal I've ever had

And I got electrocuted at VB

Calvin Harris I could totally see. He would draw a fairly large crowd for sure. Wide Spread Panic i'm not so sure about, but Mardi Gras always has a few of those types anyway and just because it's not up my alley doesn't mean there wouldn't be a crowd to show up.
Jambands are a hugely popular genre that no one has ever heard about.

Widespread Panic may actually be too popular for Mardi Gras. Here is a pic of their show this past Aug in Jacksonville.

Widespread-Panic-Show-2-St-Augustine-20190803-Timmermans-0268-1024x682.jpg

Widespread Panic may actually be too popular for Mardi Gras. He is a pic of their show this past Aug in Jacksonville.

Concert yard holds 10K which I think is around or under what's in that picture. If they can handle Kelly Clarkson (2x), Fifth Harmony and Fall Out Boy, then they can handle these guys. For Fall Out Boy, they simply closed the park to capacity.

That's also no more popular than someone like Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello or The 1975 would be, which were artists I had suggested (based on what I know Mardi Gras likes to book).

Widespread Panic may actually be too popular for Mardi Gras. Here is a pic of their show this past Aug in Jacksonville.

That looks like St. Augustine Amp. and their venue holds a little over 4,ooo.

Someone tell Universal their concert area is too small for major concerts

Fall Out Boy was the worst experience at Universal I've ever had

And I got electrocuted at VB
Ya, FOB crowd was NUTS. I didn't care enough because it was my first time seeing FOB, but ya that was ROUGH. It felt like the park was at capacity almost.