Marvel Studios’ What If...? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Marvel Studios’ What If...?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This episode was MUCH better. Wasn’t just a play by play of GotG with some twists like the Captain Carter episode one with The First avenger. This episode goes all in on what the concept of this show can and should be. I think starting the series off with that Captain Carter episode was a misstep tbh.
Completely agree - this was a total 180 in my opinion. Voice acting was better all around and the story was awesome. By making the plot contained and original, there’s less time worrying about hitting every plot beat like last week’s episode.

Also it was legitimately funny! Djimon Hounsou in particular had me rolling.

Last edited:
Completely agree - this was a total 180 in my opinion. Voice acting was better all around and the story was awesome. By making the story contained and original, there’s less time worrying about hitting every plot beat like last weeks episode.

Also it was legitimately funny! Djimon Hounsou in particular had me rolling.
The only thing that would’ve made this episode better is when The Collector put on Hela’s crown, T’challa put his hand out and grabbed Mjolnir.

The only thing that would’ve made this episode better is when The Collector put on Hela’s crown, T’challa put his hand out and grabbed Mjolnir.
Agreed - but wouldn’t make sense since he was a thief with the Ravagers and only a truly honest, well-intentioned being can wield it.

Reactions: Nick
Agreed - but wouldn’t make sense since he was a thief with the Ravagers and only a truly honest, well-intentioned being can wield it.
That does bring into question how The Collector would’ve even got Mjolnir in the first place though if they are following the canonical rules of Mjolnir.

Reactions: HalfGlass
This episode was MUCH better. Wasn’t just a play by play of GotG with some twists like the Captain Carter episode one with The First avenger. This episode goes all in on what the concept of this show can and should be. I think starting the series off with that Captain Carter episode was a misstep tbh.

I think my favorite element in the entire episode; is Thanos. Josh Brolin genuinely shines as this different take of Thanos; especially with how the Ravengers of the Galaxy and Wakanda kept riffing off of his genocide plan.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
I think my favorite element in the entire episode; is Thanos. Josh Brolin genuinely shines as this different take of Thanos; especially with how the Ravengers of the Galaxy and Wakanda kept riffing off of his genocide plan.
This is definitely an episode I’ll come back to just out of the sheer enjoyment I got from watching this episode.

Also, you wouldn’t know it from most of Twitter who is claiming this is Boseman’s last performance, but apparently we’ve still got 3 more episodes with him in it.

I loved Ep. 2! This left me with the same sense that the '80s comic did. I can't stop thinking, "Then what? What about that cameo?"

Best of all
Peter Quill was listening to Space Age Love Song, by Flock of Seagulls. Covered by KMFDM; my screen-namesake was once a member and sings on that track!

Far more interesting than the previous episode. I wonder how
Tivan managed to get Hela’s crown; she WAS the Norse Goddess of Death and a heavy hitter after all.

So I guess what i'm wondering is are all of these episodes taking place in the same universe, or is it all separate universes? Because if this is the same universe as the Captain Carter episode, it makes little sense why The Collector had a Captain America shield.

So I guess what i'm wondering is are all of these episodes taking place in the same universe, or is it all separate universes? Because if this is the same universe as the Captain Carter episode, it makes little sense why The Collector had a Captain America shield.
Solid take - didn’t think of that :thumbsup:

Reactions: Nick
I think they're each taking place in their own universe, but down the line we'll see some form of multiversal crossover.

I think they're each taking place in their own universe, but down the line we'll see some form of multiversal crossover.
This is what i'm thinking as well. Or at least what makes the most sense to me. This show literally has endless possibilities for things we could see in each season which is what I love about the concept. It could go on for years and years and never run out of fun ideas.

If its following the rules of the comic book series, then these are all different completely different realities. I wouldn't assume any are in any reality we know or will see again unless specified by the narrator.

In Marvel Zombies the comic, it went to the zombie Reed Richards inventing a way to hop multiverses and pick them clean. Maybe here...?

Episode 2 was waaaay better than one. Acting was solid and really enjoyed the storyline since it was more original than the first.

Only issue was again length of the episode. And also what happened to the infinity stone?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I liked Episode 1...but Episode 2 was much better. It had a good idea and made you think...well then what if this..and that

Easily the most mediocre all around episode so far imo and the voice acting just feels really weird in this show having voices we're familiar with paired with sound-a-likes. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Lake Bell's performance as Natasha for example, but it still stands out because you can tell something is off.

Even weirder though, I would've never guessed Michael Douglas actually voiced his character as he just sounded off. So did Renner a bit. This series is really making it a bit more obvious who has voice acting experience and who doesn't.

I find it weird that
Loki went on to subjugate the earth when he didn’t have any reason to (his motivation for trying to do so in the Avengers was out of revenge and a bargain to Thanos).

I find it weird that
Loki went on to subjugate the earth when he didn’t have any reason to (his motivation for trying to do so in the Avengers was out of revenge and a bargain to Thanos).
Wasn’t it because
Hawkeye (or really Hank Pym) killed Thor?

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts