Mel's Diner | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mel's Diner

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@ChrisYou don't remember the time they did all the beat boxing in the Harry Potter books and movies?

My wife says the same thing that this is from the books.  And I pointed out the Hippogriff song sung during Goblet of Fire and she still doesn't like it.  I am not sure if its the actors they have or the sound system...it sounds awful.

Love the new interiors for Mel's. Seems like a great usage of the CB theming, as it definately pops out more to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
After going inside Mel's Diner today, I have to say it's one of the nicer refurbishments I've seen Universal do. The interior looks nothing like what it used to. My only complaint would be the food options. Sadly, its the same stuff you can find in the rest of the park. It really deserves a menu that is different than what you can find over at Krusty Burger.

What does everyone think of the food options for Mel's? Do you think it's too similar to other food venues in the park or do you believe it to be different and you like the options? 

Personally I would've love to have seen some food options similar to what you'd find at a 50s diner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ryan and chris.g
Yeah, it would have been nice to see new menu options. Casseroles, chicken pot pie, meatloaf... I dunno, I guess it's still supposed to be a burger place but the fact that it is so similar to Krusty's just makes it look lazy. To top it off: Universal is pimping their grab and go salads all over the park now instead of quickly putting together a nice fresh salad and I find it disingenuous. I personally think the menu insinuates that you are going to get a freshly made salad for you. I would be so disappointed if I didn't know it was a grab and go and that's what came to me.