Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey's Not So Scary Returning for 2022

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
It's official, MNSSHP is back for 2022:

Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party may be purchased online beginning May 18. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can begin purchasing tickets as early as May 12. Ticket prices will range from $109 – $199. The event dates are:
  • August: 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
  • September: 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
  • October: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31

August 12th is so ludicrously early to be doing MNSSHP.

I went to the first one in 2019 on 8/16 and... the longer the spoopy season, the better. If HHN & HOS wanna join in too, by all means.. :lol:

One good move though. They've returned to the former practice of letting guests in at 4:00 Pm, even though the actual event starts at 7:00 PM. It's expensive, but there is value with the shorter attraction lines after the day guests leave. Prices are tough in relation to 2019. , but it's a better value than the 2021 event.

One good move though. They've returned to the former practice of letting guests in at 4:00 Pm, even though the actual event starts at 7:00 PM. It's expensive, but there is value with the shorter attraction lines after the day guests leave. Prices are tough in relation to 2019. , but it's a better value than the 2021 event.
We probably should've seen this increase coming when nights for an event WITHOUT all the glitz and glam of MNSSHP (no parade, no fireworks) last year were over $100 and selling out on some days. Disney has people wrapped around their fingers and they'll pay literally anything.

We probably should've seen this increase coming when nights for an event WITHOUT all the glitz and glam of MNSSHP (no parade, no fireworks) last year were over $100 and selling out on some days. Disney has people wrapped around their fingers and they'll pay literally anything.
Yes, definitely....Too Big of an increase from 2019 full party...But, for people like us that rarely spend more than 8 hours a day in a theme park, with the return to a 4:00PM opening, it's actually a decent value on the lower and medium ends of the ticket price line. 8 hours with special stuff and shorter lines for at least 5 hours is better than buying a day ticket when we're only going to be at the MK for 7 or 8 hours anyway. That may be one reason these events sell pretty well. It's a different ball game for those of us that don't commando a park for a too long 12 hour plus day.

Yes, definitely....Too Big of an increase from 2019 full party...But, for people like us that rarely spend more than 8 hours a day in a theme park, with the return to a 4:00PM opening, it's actually a decent value on the lower and medium ends of the ticket price line. 8 hours with special stuff and shorter lines for at least 5 hours is better than buying a day ticket when we're only going to be at the MK for 7 or 8 hours anyway. That may be one reason these events sell pretty well. It's a different ball game for those of us that don't commando a park for a too long 12 hour plus day.
Well yeah. It is expensive, but at the same time MNSSHP gives you Boo To You, Halloween Fireworks, the Hocus Pocus stage show, lots of rare M&G opportunities, typically short lines, and of course dressing up and trick or treating. So while you are basically paying the price of a full day ticket, it's arguable that you are getting more bang for your buck

And then for APs who get little to no discount, the question is if the extra offerings are worth the price. I still think it might be if it's all back and more, including the attraction layovers.

Well yeah. It is expensive, but at the same time MNSSHP gives you Boo To You, Halloween Fireworks, the Hocus Pocus stage show, lots of rare M&G opportunities, typically short lines, and of course dressing up and trick or treating. So while you are basically paying the price of a full day ticket, it'd arguable that you are getting more bang for your buck
Yes, my point also. It's actually a decent value for those of us that don't spend an entire day in a park. 12 hours in a park just wears me out, and is less fun than a shorter stay. 8 hours is just right for me.

And then for APs who get little to no discount, the question is if the extra offerings are worth the price. I still think it might be if it's all back and more, including the attraction layovers.
WDW doesn't do any Halloween attraction layovers I don't believe. Unless they did something in SM in 2019 that I forgot about.

Bought my ticket for this year and it's mainly because of this reason alone. I like doing Tom Sawyer Island as soon as I arrive and watching the sunset at Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn.

Last edited: