Minion Café - USF | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nico

Staff
Jan 30, 2013
We were talking on the Minion Blast thread and realized we don’t have a specific thread for this. With some scrim coming down, figured it was time.

Really hoping this offers unique snacks/entrees and not the typical burger/chicken tenders.

Minion-themed desserts will pay for Villain-Con alone in 6 months.
unless it's this burger
universal-studios-japan-despicable-me-minion-mayhem-221.jpg

The colors of TF building with that facade reminds me of cotton candy.

I'm not big on sweets but some of the main courses sound good. I hope the pulled pork makes it over, the banana BBQ sauce has me a little curious.
That BBQ sauce is the #1 reason I want to try the new Cafe. I know it will likely end up with no banana flavor at all, but one can hope.

I'm assuming the façade where Donkey was is still going to be a meet & greet of some kind. It looks like there are speaker cutouts all around it.
Alicia released an article yesterday with the same thought. Potential for additional Illumination meet and greets beyond just DM/Minion characters in that space.

Some updated construction pics for this week:

Edit: I was comparing the visible roof lines in the construction snaps with existing ones in Minion Park. If you look at this screen grab from Attractions 360, this resembles the building with the Minions graffiti. It looks close, but it doesn’t seem like an exact match. It’s hard to tell with the graffiti covering it.

IMG_1807.jpeg
IMG_1808.jpeg

Last edited:
Man I don’t get construction. :lmao: I would have thought that would be the last thing on Bake My Day. The facade isn’t even pink yet. Looks good though!

Universal works in mysterious ways lol

The HTTYD land in EU is already getting painted structures in the middle of the lagoon, and they still have heavy construction vehicles moving around the area.

I remember when the Transformers logo was pretty close to being painted prior to them officially announcing the ride.

This just looks so much better than the sound stage look that the two attractions in the "land" have. Not thathose are easy to hide since they're just big buildings, but they could've at least painted them different colors and finally gotten rid of the ugly beige.

This just looks so much better than the sound stage look that the two attractions in the "land" have. Not thathose are easy to hide since they're just big buildings, but they could've at least painted them different colors and finally gotten rid of the ugly beige.
It is slightly odd that we're getting an uber-themed mini street facade for the Cafe.

I will never complain that something is too themed, so I'm fine with that element, but it does make the first two lightly-dressed showbuildings feel even more like just that: lightly-dressed showbuildings.